The Facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Facts

I know this board has made it's reputation on rumours and debate is what makes a successful forum but right now there are a lot of moans and groans about as well as wild speculation but for a second sit back and think about the facts.

Neil Warnock is our boss.
    Adel Taraabt is at the club.
    Jay Bothroyd has signed and improved the strikeforce.
    We're playing Premiership football next season.

Yes this could change and maybe we will get thrashed week in and week out, we might lose Taraabt and not see the money reinvested but why slit our wrists until things change?

Neil is the most canny manager there is. He says what he wants people to hear and he calculates the risk involved by making those big statements. He may well be telling the absolute truth but why? So that he can upset the fans? I don't think he is that type of manager. He loved the Palace fans when he was in charge and even in the aftermath of his departure he did everything to not upset them. He clearly loves the QPR faithful so has he really put us in a situation where we are clearly going to be angry? I just don't think he is like that.

If and when AT leaves and if Neil walks then let the anger begin but why don't we just try and enjoy the pre-season and get excited about our biggest season in 15 years?

Try it. It's much better than moaning.

Urrrrssssss

as usual sirps a thread full of intelligence and worth reading................you make me sick your'e so good!!!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

good post mate.

Comment

No doubt there will be some to try and pull this to pieces, SPC, but well said.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
          good post mate.
          no probs quaz!!
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

once again sir pie comes up with the goods! great post!
            LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Aint gonna stop me moaning though! Lol!
              LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

levelheadedness and sanity restored to WATRB

Comment

Originally posted by thecunninglinguist View Post
                  no probs quaz!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                    levelheadedness and sanity restored to WATRB
                    Amen to that and spc, a brilliant post!
                    Just to add intelligent as well - a long forgotten trait here.

Comment

But the interfering Orange Blob and the miniscule grey looking dwarf are still around and do not appear to be going anywhere.

And with Paladini at the club, we're no more than a month away from an unneccesary financial **** up.

Oh, and I cannot afford to go to Loftus Road anymore.

Still, happy pills it is (apparently).

Nice effort, sirpie, but deep down, it a'int rosy whatever way you look at it...

Comment

Very good piece as ever sir pie, certainly not going to pull it to pieces, all fact as you say.

What worries a large percengage of fans I speak to though are some more facts:

1) we couldn't afford Danny Graham
                        2) season ticket prices as astronomically high
                        3) we have lost some very loyal long going supporters due to ST prices
                        4) Neil Warnick has said himself that we have a 1.2 mil budget for transfers
                        5) we do not have Wayne Routledge
                        6) the club has unhealthy factions in it all the way from MB's to supporter groups to the Boardroom

You have chosen to write about all the positive "facts" I have balanced it out with some realistic "facts" - just depends where people choose to look at it from.

Comment

Adel Taarabt is as good as gone, and I don't blame him, not offering him an improved contract after his part in getting us promoted, is a disgrace.
                          Work the stat out, of where we would've finished without him, take him away last season and we'd have been a very ordinary team.
                          Agree with the bit about Warnock, but for how long?
                          But hey ho, they could be playing a clever game, and it turns out alright, but I won't hold my breath, cos I think they're a pair of CnTs.

Comment

:
                            Originally posted by davman View Post
                            But the interfering Orange Blob and the miniscule grey looking dwarf are still around and do not appear to be going anywhere.

And with Paladini at the club, we're no more than a month away from an unneccesary financial **** up.

Oh, and I cannot afford to go to Loftus Road anymore.

Still, happy pills it is (apparently).

Nice effort, sirpie, but deep down, it a'int rosy whatever way you look at it...

Agree, a good effort, but it doesn't gloss over the fact that the squad, which will be weakened when Taarabt is sold and no funds are given to Warnock to buy players, is nowhere near good enough to do anything more than make up the numbers in the Premiership.

The defence is very slow and not nearly good enough to keep out the quality attackers from sides like Man U & C. Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, etc. Even sides like Stoke, Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa will find it fairly simple to score against QPR.

And do you really believe that QPR's attack will trouble many defences. I think they are quaking in their boots at the thought of trying to defend against Bothroyd, Helguson, Hulse and Agyemang!

Oh yes, Warnock has players in mind to sign, but as they are all likely to be freebies and loans such as Dyer & Webber, I don't think I will be able to put my feet up and enjoy the games (thanks to T&C, I can't really afford to go and watch many games, so will have to make do with the TV).

Comment

Some people like moaning, others like sticking their head in the sand. Horses for courses I guess...

Comment

Working...
                              X