X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnock exclusive interview on Player

Finally broken radio silence.

Good interview - looks happy.

Says we're looking at another striker which he said was "common knowledge" and two defenders. Really delighted with JB and Dyer too.

So that's DJC plus Naughton and Upson at a guess? Or does he mean buys only, which suggests another defender in addition to Naughton, whom it seems is done for a loan and now away with Spuds on tour?
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

im sorry but DJ campbell aside.. thats 1.25mil-1.5mil.

surely we wont go the window not spending more than a mil.

we won 30m just getting promoted...
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

as said quite a lot of that 30 million went on the ground, contracts and the law suit

Comment

DJ,Naughton and Ashley Williams?

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post

Would you rather do a Norwich and spunk £15m on lower league players?

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post

You are clearly not prepared to accept that we are paying JB a cool 2.5M odd in wages, bonuses and the like and would be more content to say the board is tight as then?
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Rough transcript of the interview:

"Both the new players have something to prove. We've been chasing Jay all summer, its great to get him on board, i think the premier league will suit him and the club will suit him as well. I think we can progress his career and get him back into the england team. He knows I've liked him for a while. I wouldnt have touched him with a barge pole early on his career, but he's learnt a lot over the last few years. I'm sure we'll have our moments together but he's what I've been looking for and gives us that bit more quality which I think we need if were going to progress. He is deceptively good in the air and holds the ball up well and brings people in to play. We needed a bit of younger blood and is at a good age. Heidar will be excellent back up.

I Instantly liked kieren dyer when I met him, he just wants to play and prove people wrong, a bit like me in management.

We're currently talking to 3 or 4 other players. We're looking for 1 or 2 defenders, and another striker would be welcome and its common knowledge that we're looking for one"
                Last edited by Stanley; 14-07-2011, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                  Would you rather do a Norwich and spunk £15m on lower league players?
                  Lets say QPR and Norwich are relegated, who would be best placed to bounce straight back ? We wont know until this time next year, but back to back promotions when buying young, hungry lower league players seems to work for them. Balance that against us getting injury plagued players aged 30+, with something to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                    Rough transcript of the interview:

"Both the new players have something to prove. We've been chasing Jay all summer, its great to get him on board, i think the premier league will suit him and the club will suit him as well. I think we can progress his career and get him back into the england team. He knows I've liked him for a while. I wouldnt have touched him with a barge pole early on his career, but he's learnt a lot over the last few years. I'm sure we'll have our moments together but he's what I've been looking for and gives us that bit more quality which I think we need if were going to progress. He is deceptively good in the air and holds the ball up well and brings people in to play. We needed a bit of younger blood and is at a good age. Heidar will be excellent back up.

I Instantly liked kieren dyer when I met him, he just wants to play and prove people wrong, a bit like me in management.

We're currently talking to 3 or 4 other players. We're looking for 1 or 2 defenders, and another striker would be welcome and its common knowledge that we're looking for one"
                    Thanks Stanley - I like what he says about Dyer...yes I know it's a risk but let's face it you don't get anywhere without taking a few of them.......I would love it, I say love it if this risks works out.
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Thank you Stanley76

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                        Thanks Stanley - I like what he says about Dyer...yes I know it's a risk but let's face it you don't get anywhere without taking a few of them.......I would love it, I say love it if this risks works out.
                        Originally posted by JonDoeman View Post
                        Thank you Stanley76
                        My pleasure chaps. Agree Bluehoop. Good to see Neil his usual bubbly self.

Comment

Everton were sniffing round Bothroyd too - clearly we must've offered him an attractive/lucrative package to land him. I'd rather we lined the pockets of our players than the coffers of other clubs; let's have some more free transfers I say.

Comment

He looks so confident and giving off a very positive vibe i'm not gay but i love that man!!!!
                            All those that believe in telekinesis raise my hand

Comment

Originally posted by PedalR View Post
                              Everton were sniffing round Bothroyd too - clearly we must've offered him an attractive/lucrative package to land him. I'd rather we lined the pockets of our players than the coffers of other clubs; let's have some more free transfers I say.
                              Great post PedalR

What makes me laugh is people want to start threads about how we haven't broken our transfer fee and the like but the fact we got JB over such an establshed Club with a hugely bigger ground/crowd capacity and a European history gets totally overlooked. Sums it up for me really.
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                              X