Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
    Good post Spencer.

You are right that its easy to think Norwich have made some shite signings & Swansea some mediocre ones but at least they have made SOME bloody signings.

What's worrying me is that its getting late now & if we are losing out on these supposed 'in the bag' deals who the hell are we gonna end up with?

Desperation & below par signings I'd take a guess at.
    As well Ric, putting these signings aside, they both have 16000+ season ticket sales, are both on the crest of a wave and enter without fear.

Personally I am entering expecting a tonking week in week out.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
      IMO, that's my Pete has done a runner, as he knows nothing is going to happen and he would cop dogs abuse for the stuff he was saying over the last 8 weeks, so he is in hiding until the season starts or something positive happens and he can claim a 'I told you so' moment.
      i reckon you could be right mate! rats and ships and all that!
      LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
        I agree with everything on this thread. But it was only yesterday that loads of people were coming on and saying that there was no crisis, no need to panic, that everything was fine and that we were only "in limbo".

Well, if the club don't wake up from it's coma pretty soon, we may as well pull the plug on this season. Such a shame, really.
        Russ...maybe not a crisis, but not the way you would think that a club just promoted as champions to the Premiership would act.

The lack of anything positive coming out of the club, makes people think the worse.And why not.

You would think/assume..am i right...that we would be embracing this time and as a markweting measure, trying to exploit the fans (yes i know what im saying) by at least producuing new shirts...which im sure fans would have wanted to proudly parade on the opening fixture V Bolton.

All just seems realy weird..as if there is something going on behind the scenes, that we don't know about.That, or certain people are just trying to make as much money as possible out of our current promotion.

Comment

If you were selling your house and had a couple of potential purchasers, would you add an extension or build a granny flat over the garage?

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
            If you were selling your house and had a couple of potential purchasers, would you add an extension or build a granny flat over the garage?
            fair point, but are the really selling the club? No one, but the insane, is going to pay upwards of £50M for QPR.

Comment

That depend on whether or not you want to up the value, Nodge.

I do understand what you are saying though, and my scenario is completely different, but surely, as negotiations go on, they can factor these costs in?

False hope from my side, possibly.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Id only feel more worried if i was a Rushden and Diamonds fan.
                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

First of all...granny flats are over rated

Seriously, everything seems to point to the above - re Nodge's comments.

But, not the ideal preparation if this doesn't go through before season starts.

I guess we shall have to wait and see....but by that time,someone might have already pulled in the life raft ...

Comment

Granny flat over the garage with the exhaust pipe connected to a hose through the floorboards.

My Gran loves a sleep in the aftrernoons.

She'd kill me for saying that.. If the tablets hadn't worked already.

Comment

I'm not panicking until Septemeber

Comment

i like a picnic olly!
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                          I'm not panicking until Septemeber
                          By September, we could have lost 3 games, NW could be sacked and we would be doomed as confidence would be shattered. Thank god you were not the PM in 1943, the Germans would have been halfway up the M3 before you decided to do something about it.
                          Last edited by paulmason; 07-07-2011, 12:35 PM.

Comment

If Nodge's assessment is correct and a sale is really being lined up - then I'm not going to panic as there are 55 days left until the window shuts and that will enable some decent players to arrive.
                            If however no takeover happens, then we are in one god awful mess.
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

No... But then again I would value my 2 bed Maisonette in Hayes at 450,000, when in reality its worth 210,000

Comment

Is it not a good sign that even though,Bullard,Campbell,Upson and Bothroyd havent signed for us yet,that havent signed for anyone else either?
                                With teams starting pre season this week there all still available

Comment

Working...
                                X