Lets be honest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets be honest

even if Mittal does takeover, how long is it going to be before we call him all names under the sun (and know that doesnt mean we should leave things as they are).

Is it really possible to sustain premiership status on a maximum 18k gate? I know the revenues that the premiership brings in, but how much on top of that are we going to EXPECT mittal to contribute each year in order to:

i) keep qpr in the premiership
    ii) keep the fans off his back

We are going to lose a number of games next season and there will be people demanding that we buy a 20 goal a season striker. THe bottom line is that we won;t be able to afford one and Mittal will probably not fancy dipping into his pocket.

Is that the point we turn on him ?

My point here is that the reality of premiership football is not suited to the mindset of many qpr fans.

Truth is it don't matter who comes in, its going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
      even if Mittal does takeover, how long is it going to be before we call him all names under the sun (and know that doesnt mean we should leave things as they are).

Is it really possible to sustain premiership status on a maximum 18k gate? I know the revenues that the premiership brings in, but how much on top of that are we going to EXPECT mittal to contribute each year in order to:

We are going to lose a number of games next season and there will be people demanding that we buy a 20 goal a season striker. THe bottom line is that we won;t be able to afford one and Mittal will probably not fancy dipping into his pocket.

My point here is that the reality of premiership football is not suited to the mindset of many qpr fans.
      We have been there and done the business before.

Comment

I agree up to a point
        but Amit went on record as saying they would invest not just to survive but to compete

I dont want us to do a man city I want to see a fiscally prudent operation

Remember that there are significant sponsorship opportunities that would bring in substantial revenue if the club was marketed effectively especially to the asian markets where queens park rangers could be developed into a strong and appealing brand.

we should not be constrained simply by our maximum capacity and ticket revenue limitations
        its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

You are probably correct, although Wigan fans don't seem to have turned on Dave Whelan.

Comment

Absolute nonsense!

Need to look at longer term 5 years plus, bigger ground bigger gates, bigger corporate income, more events, ongoing premiership funds, develop the academy!
            Can be done

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
              I agree up to a point
              but Amit went on record as saying they would invest not just to survive but to compete

I dont want us to do a man city I want to see a fiscally prudent operation

Remember that there are significant sponsorship opportunities that would bring in substantial revenue if the club was marketed effectively especially to the asian markets where queens park rangers could be developed into a strong and appealing brand.

we should not be constrained simply by our maximum capacity and ticket revenue limitations
              Thank you

Comment

maybe the "mindset" of fans is... show us what you want with our club???.....a sithe season in the top flight is not what we imagined-billionaire owners and we are worried about real quality signings never mind second level....is neil happy???.....time will tell. losing our best player is a sure way to gel all.
                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

why should the fans turn on any new owner? its so easy to keep fans on side , firstly you talk to them and treat them with respect, you have sensible ticket prices, you get rid of people you employ who fock up and split the fanbase, you get the fans united behind the team with a clear vision a common goal ie first few seasons staying in the prem then you build on that! get the respect from the fans and you are half way there, its so bloody easy and thats what makes me wanna pull my hair with these kants who are in charge now!!!! flabio still dont get it he could have gone down as a loftus road legend but he will always be thiought of in the future as a total ******!! real shame he had it all but let it slip through his fat orange telly-tubby fingers!!!!
                  LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

You will get your moaners you always will.

The over-riding thing though would be respect. We respect them not based on what they have actually done (as we don't really know) but the respect they seem to show the fans.

if they said " look guys we are small club and we will build slowly and will not be spending millions" Fans would more than likely accept. More importantly the whole place would have a good feel factor to it.

In all fairness Mittal did give an interview in March 2011 and did say he would not spend miliions and QPR was not a business, more a hobby.

Reality is no-one owner will have a passion that most fans have.
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Another fact I would say is people don't get into owning football clubs expecting to making millions it is a plaything/hobby/showpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                        You will get your moaners you always will.
                        I'll never stop moaning for as long as the shabby little crook Paladini is allowed anywhere near our club.
                        WRITING ABOUT QPR AND OTHER NONSENSE:

http://thisismyengland.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by rangersbitch View Post
                          I'll never stop moaning for as long as the shabby little crook Paladini is allowed anywhere near our club.
                          LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Working...
                          X