No announcement yet.

Could This be A Cunning Business Plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could This be A Cunning Business Plan?

Well thought out by CLIVE loftforwords. I don't nromally do links, but he does make some valid points.

Whats your views on this?

(not sure why I am mentioned but aye)

In essence, what he says

That the television money will be used to repay the money they have loaned the club and at the end of the season they will then look to sell it (for profit) debt free - this is what I think they're going for incidentaly. If somebody wants to buy it in the meantime they must pay what they value the club at, plus the £40m they've loaned it. In the meantime no big earning Premiership signings will be added to the wage bill, in fact no signings will be added at all unless they're earning sensible Championship wages. Every effort will also be made to offload the club's current high earners, particularly those playing no part on the pitch. If that means relegation then so be it.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Clive is a brilliant writer and sums up things very well.

I agree with him. However I believe that a Premiership club is much easier to sell than a Championship club regardless of parachute payments. Our team last season was made up of experienced heads who (in the best possible way) had their defining moments in their careers. Nobody would expect Derry or Hill to have another season like that. So if we come straight back down having already lost Routledge and Taraabt goes we will be a club with players one year older and closer to retirement having faced a barrage of defeats and probably under different managerial leadership. The parachute payments probably won't be a good enough incentive to buy a club that won't be competitive anytime soon. We would have to buy pretty much a whole new squad. Find a new manager to lead the squad and all of that would cost money that has come to us in the form of parachute payments.

Also it takes a lot for a club to go down and come back up again. Have Boro done it? Did Burnley, Hull or Pompey do it? Some teams have dropped and carried on dropping (Bradford and Swindon) whilst some are only just recovering (Leeds and Saints). QPR a year from now might be a shadow of the club we currently know and slowly going nowhere unless FB sells now whilst we still have a chance.

Comment

Personally I think it is in the long term best interests of the club to eliminate or significantly reduce its debt after years of mismanagament.

It doesn't explain the total lack of interest in good relations with its fans though. Its like they are trying to wind us up, and winding up customers is not normally ano indicator that you are stabilising the business for sale.

What a strange club we support!

Comment

but surely if we get relegated to the championship then the valuation of the club would be peanuts, the debt be reduced but the valuation would be 10 million best. it dont make sense to me, they will take their high profile friends to loftus road and see us lose badly a bad atmosphere in the ground, probably get abuse from the fans.

No i dont buy it there's games being played here with the mittals only they know

Comment

That Business Plan means conservatively reducing the value of the club by half.

If they sell now, as a trading PL club, there will be a far greater return on investment.

Interesting theory but not one I buy into.

Comment

It could be true, but with their wealth they could make a lot more in the long run and increase the value of the club more by establishing us as a premiership club and reducing the debt by 25 percent a year for the next 4 years, this could be done by reducing season ticket costs by 25 / 30 percent too.

Their is nothing premiership about us other than our status, they could though invest in the youth academy, invest in the squad establish us as premiership club, still clear the bulk of the debt and then only need to address the ground situation

Comment

I strongly believe that if we are not sold in 14 data our value drops

Comment

Working...
              X