Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So lets put all the bad stuff down in a little list and maybe.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okey dokey - devils advocate here and some info which might help form judgements....

- The club dismissing claims that Lippi is to replace Warnock
    Even if true, (it wasn't) would you really expect the club/any employer to admit this and open up a very expensive constructive dismissal case?-

The Faurlin Case - which basically ruined the title run in for many
    - Paladini costing the club a £1million fine and remaining in a job
    For whatever reason the owners want GP to remain. Even when Ali Russell. Isham and Amit were on the Board, remember GP was (as is still) the only club employee with the necessary contacts within football, both at an administrative level (with the FA/PL/FL) and on the playing side with agents and operational staff. Without GP at this moment in time, the club could not function.

- No parade
    Disgraceful

- The delay on ST prices
    Due to FA hearing - not knowing what division they would be in

- The club denying Warnocks link to West Ham (can't remember if this happened but throw it in there for now)
    Club were not formally aware. If any contact was made it would have been between NW/his reps and WHUFC directly. Can't expect the club to comment on that.

- ST prices with no early bird
    From purely a commercial perspective, why would they do this? They believe the stadium will sell out, why lose a revenue stream? Can't think of any other economic situation where you'd cut the price of an assumed inelastic product with high demand.

- Amit walking
    Result of Mittall/Briatore takeover discussions

- Rumours of bulk selling ticket bundles to oversea tour operators
    Deal done with Thomas Cook Sport (or similar)? Usual Premier League commercial partnership. All the major clubs do this. TCS pay big wonga up front to be "Official Travel Partners" - in exchange, clubs provide access to a limited number of tickets they bundle with hotel accommodation.

- The Danny Graham fiasco
    No fiasco here. Deal between Swansea and Watford done in April (pending Swansea's promotion). All we did was drive up the price Swansea paid. Can't blame the club for incorrect information being blazed out on the web

- Taarabt's interview (which was brutally honest in my view)
    Haven't read it but Taarabt has always been one to shoot from the hip, irrespective of what he's been told to say/not to say or whether a club PR rep has accompanied him

- The club denying Warnock is on the way out (30th of June)
    There is no arch master plan to get rid of NW.

- Not offering Sean Derry a new contract.
    Talks with GP ongoing

- The CMS fiasco
    - The Barry Fry claims about our owners

Yep - demonstrating that the owners are not willing to pump any more cash in to the Club whilst the takeover talks are ongoing.

[I]- No kit
    - No new sponsor

Can't launch a new kit without a sponsor. Again, falling foul of the ownership discussions. No doubt will be a priority once it's settled.

- Walk up prices
    Top prices cheaper than all other London clubs, inc Fulham and West Ham last season. Standard London PL pricing.

- Superhoop rip off extra
    Commercial decision - another revenue stream - goes back the early bird answer.

- Falsifying (alledgiedly) the OSC Meeting Minutes
    Minutes are only ever meant to be representative of the topics discussed and action points from meetings. They will never provide chapter and verse, nor the tone in which the meeting is carried out.

Not suggesting I agree with any of this but can understand the thinking and reasoning behind most...

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
      Okey dokey - devils advocate here and some info which might help form judgements....

Even if true, (it wasn't) would you really expect the club/any employer to admit this and open up a very expensive constructive dismissal case?-

For whatever reason the owners want GP to remain. Even when Ali Russell. Isham and Amit were on the Board, remember GP was (as is still) the only club employee with the necessary contacts within football, both at an administrative level (with the FA/PL/FL) and on the playing side with agents and operational staff. Without GP at this moment in time, the club could not function.

- No parade
      Disgraceful

- The delay on ST prices

- The club denying Warnocks link to West Ham (can't remember if this happened but throw it in there for now)
      Club were not formally aware. If any contact was made it would have been between NW/his reps and WHUFC directly. Can't expect the club to comment on that.

From purely a commercial perspective, why would they do this? They believe the stadium will sell out, why lose a revenue stream? Can't think of any other economic situation where you'd cut the price of an assumed inelastic product with high demand.

- Amit walking

Deal done with Thomas Cook Sport (or similar)? Usual Premier League commercial partnership. All the major clubs do this. TCS pay big wonga up front to be "Official Travel Partners" - in exchange, clubs provide access to a limited number of tickets they bundle with hotel accommodation.

No fiasco here. Deal between Swansea and Watford done in April (pending Swansea's promotion). All we did was drive up the price Swansea paid. Can't blame the club for incorrect information being blazed out on the web

Haven't read it but Taarabt has always been one to shoot from the hip, irrespective of what he's been told to say/not to say or whether a club PR rep has accompanied him

Talks with GP ongoing

- The CMS fiasco

Yep - demonstrating that the owners are not willing to pump any more cash in to the Club whilst the takeover talks are ongoing.

[I]- No kit
      - No new sponsor

Can't launch a new kit without a sponsor. Again, falling foul of the ownership discussions. No doubt will be a priority once it's settled.

- Walk up prices
      Top prices cheaper than all other London clubs, inc Fulham and West Ham last season. Standard London PL pricing.

Minutes are only ever meant to be representative of the topics discussed and action points from meetings. They will never provide chapter and verse, nor the tone in which the meeting is carried out.

Not suggesting I agree with any of this but can understand the thinking and reasoning behind most...
      best post ive read in a while Nodge; you speak alot of sense mate!
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

- No parade
        Disgraceful

- The delay on ST prices

- Amit walking

Talks with GP ongoing

- The CMS fiasco

[I]- No kit
        - No new sponsor

- Walk up prices

Good work, mate.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Glad you wrote that Nodge and not me
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            Glad you wrote that Nodge and not me
            I can understand why fans are upset but there is method in the madness (from a commercial point of view and a personal one from BE/FB). Just have to take off the "fan" hat and put on the professional one to see it - A tricky balance!
            Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2011, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Nodge,you gonna take Petes Crown for some fella.lol
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Good speech nodgey lad
                http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Nice to hear a voice of reason Nodge.

I'm going to reserve judgement for the moment, I don't see the point of all this running around panicking and winding ourselves up just yet.

Comment

Even if true, (it wasn't) would you really expect the club/any employer to admit this and open up a very expensive constructive dismissal case?-Was there not a throw away comment from Briatore at the F1 or something last season, these are where these rumours start?

******** the club can run without Paladini, he should have been sacked and interim should have been brought directly after the Hearing if a potential takeover was looming, happens in other industries why not here.

- No parade
                    Disgraceful

- The delay on ST prices
                    Could have released 2 price lists at the time and then it still took forever and a day for the prices to come out

Club were not formally aware. If any contact was made it would have been between NW/his reps and WHUFC directly. Can't expect the club to comment on that. Yet another rumour which was allowed to surface due to the lack of transparency from the board

From purely a commercial perspective, why would they do this? They believe the stadium will sell out, why lose a revenue stream? Can't think of any other economic situation where you'd cut the price of an assumed inelastic product with high demand. From a loyalty point of view just another kick in the teeth for fans

- Amit walking

Deal done with Thomas Cook Sport (or similar)? Usual Premier League commercial partnership. All the major clubs do this. TCS pay big wonga up front to be "Official Travel Partners" - in exchange, clubs provide access to a limited number of tickets they bundle with hotel accommodation. Last comment I heard as I was the first to post about this was the club 'could not giver a **** if we renew or not as they can guarantee sales to oversea tour operators

No fiasco here. Deal between Swansea and Watford done in April (pending Swansea's promotion). All we did was drive up the price Swansea paid. Can't blame the club for incorrect information being blazed out on the web Paladini passing incorrect information onto his 'ITK's' created a fiasco.....every action and all that....

Haven't read it but Taarabt has always been one to shoot from the hip, irrespective of what he's been told to say/not to say or whether a club PR rep has accompanied him Spoke the truth however painful it was to read and any R's fan with half a brain can see that, whether he wants to be at the club or not is irrelevant because what he said is what we have all been saying for a while now.

There is no arch master plan to get rid of NW. 3rd denial from the club....wouldn't be wide of the mark to think there is no smoke without fire

Talks with GP ongoing Can't understand the rush to sort out the likes of Ramage and Helguson before Derry....in fact I'm totally baffled...was it because GP never brokered the deal in the first place?

- The CMS fiasco

[I]- No kit
                    - No new sponsor

Can't launch a new kit without a sponsor. Again, falling foul of the ownership discussions. No doubt will be a priority once it's settled. 2/3 seasons the kit has not been ready in time for the season KO....absolute disgrace

- Walk up prices

They have PL squads at present we don't, and there is no indication we will either

Commercial decision - another revenue stream - goes back the early bird answer. Which goes back too mine

Minutes are only ever meant to be representative of the topics discussed and action points from meetings. They will never provide chapter and verse, nor the tone in which the meeting is carried out. Not sure about this point but were the minutes really 'representative' of the topics discussed?

No one man up-man-ship here Nodge, but if we all put our professional hats on we can all be ***** like our owners. Individuals like QBP think they have the intelligence to muster your response but they don't, they just feed of the scraps which are given to them.
                    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 05-07-2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

W12 - That's fine, I understand your viewpoint (and to a degree, agree with it). What I've tried to do is provide an illustration (that's all it is) of how the Club would view it.

Derry isn't out of contract as far as I understand. He has a clause that allows a renegotiation following promotion that is agreeable to both parties (as is my limited understanding). The other two you mention with either without a deal or entering the last year of their existing deals. This is why those two would have been tied up first.

Kit - last year Gulf Air changed their logo. Again, you can't have a kit without sponsor (it's in the contractual clauses). What can the club/lotto do if they're provided with proofs so late in the process that you can't get manufacture/shipping done within the relevant timescales to get them to market before pre-season?

Paladini - he's naffed up on many occasion, as I am sure he himself would admit. At this point in time, there is a huge vacuum at the club with Ishan, Amit and Ali gone. Like it or not, Paladini is the ONLY member of staff on the team with the clout to get anything done on the football administration side with BE/FB flying around the F1 circuit. To an extent, he's the buffer for Briatore - maybe they think that's worth a million quid. I'm not so sure but no doubt they've raked over it many a time.

The club are to an extent hostage to rumour and speculation. Social media is a monster that's completely out of control, creating its own little universe, sometimes many moons away from reality. You can't expect the club to come out and quash every rumour or have an employee sitting at a PC 24/7 monitoring Twitter feeds, Facebook updates and blogs and then issuing ripostes to anything and every piece of bullcrud that's posted. It's not going to happen. When a rumour appears that may materially affect the well being of the club or directly affect the players (Warnock resigning back end of last week), I can understand why the club would put out a statement. Personally would have left it well alone but that's a decision the club had to take. Maybe the players actually started asking NW and GP what was going on. Who knows.

I think everyone is frustrated and every slither of (mis)information is dissected ad nauseum for clues and meaning but the club must continue to be run whilst this BE/FB v Mittal scenario plays out.

Comment

W12 - That's fine, I understand your viewpoint (and to a degree, agree with it). What I've tried to do is provide an illustration (that's all it is) of how the Club would view it.

Derry isn't out of contract as far as I understand. He has a clause that allows a renegotiation following promotion that is agreeable to both parties (as is my limited understanding). The other two you mention with either without a deal or entering the last year of their existing deals. This is why those two would have been tied up first.

Kit - last year Gulf Air changed their logo. Again, you can't have a kit without sponsor (it's in the contractual clauses). What can the club/lotto do if they're provided with proofs so late in the process that you can't get manufacture/shipping done within the relevant timescales to get them to market before pre-season?

Paladini - he's naffed up on many occasion, as I am sure he himself would admit. At this point in time, there is a huge vacuum at the club with Ishan, Amit and Ali gone. Like it or not, Paladini is the ONLY member of staff on the team with the clout to get anything done on the football administration side with BE/FB flying around the F1 circuit. To an extent, he's the buffer for Briatore - maybe they think that's worth a million quid. I'm not so sure but no doubt they've raked over it many a time.

The club are to an extent hostage to rumour and speculation. Social media is a monster that's completely out of control, creating its own little universe, sometimes many moons away from reality. You can't expect the club to come out and quash every rumour or have an employee sitting at a PC 24/7 monitoring Twitter feeds, Facebook updates and blogs and then issuing ripostes to anything and every piece of bullcrud that's posted. It's not going to happen. When a rumour appears that may materially affect the well being of the club or directly affect the players (Warnock resigning back end of last week), I can understand why the club would put out a statement. Personally would have left it well alone but that's a decision the club had to take. Maybe the players actually started asking NW and GP what was going on. Who knows.

I think everyone is frustrated and every slither of (mis)information is dissected ad nauseum for clues and meaning but the club must continue to be run whilst this BE/FB v Mittal scenario plays out.
                        Nodge

I totally follow the viewpoint you have illustrated, I'm just riled by some of the posters viewpoints on here that its only a matter of time before everything is sorted. The club takes massive steps forward in the past year and a monumental leap backwards since the end of the season. The damage caused is massive. The short sightedness demonstrated by some fans is what worries me. We are at a point in time in football where greed is consuming the game, yes we need to make prices competitive but why alienate and fragment the fan base in the process potentially losing long term revenue through disrespecting the loyalty of the fan base.

There are going to be fans this season, many hundreds possibly thousands who have given up and lost their seats forever, its almost as though FB/BE are saying we going to sell up but give it one last attempt to **** the fans over for ever....it just doesn't make sense to me.

The preparation for the start of the new season is awful, for those who think football switches off between the end of the season and the start of pre-season are mistaken, potential transfer targets and I mean the freebies must be looking at us and thinking what a ****ing mess.
                        Last edited by W12_Ranger; 05-07-2011, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                          Nodge

I totally follow the viewpoint you have illustrated, I'm just riled by some of the posters viewpoints on here that its only a matter of time before everything is sorted. The club takes massive steps forward in the past year and a monumental leap backwards since the end of the season. The damage caused is massive. The short sightedness demonstrated by some fans is what worries me. We are at a point in time in football where greed is consuming the game, yes we need to make prices competitive but why alienate and fragment the fan base in the process potentially losing long term revenue through disrespecting the loyalty of the fan base.

There are going to be fans this season, many hundreds possibly thousands who have given up and lost their seats forever, its almost as though FB/BE are saying we going to sell up but give it one last attempt to **** the fans over for ever....it just doesn't make sense to me.
                          It won't make sense to many, but will make sense to them. We know FB's widely reported views on the "£20 brigade"!

Comment

vile beings
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                            X