Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    Stanley76

I've never heard from anyone that we were after CMS, only through Peterborough United.

Doubt it was no more than an enquiry.

Its simpl;y been in the papers thats all.

You won't even find a post from me saying he was ever a target LOL or more importantly Walkonby
    Well that's confirmed it then definatley a target Probably the number one target

Comment

Paul Furlong
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

DJ Campbell or Craigy League 1 Mackail Smith
        Neither good enough to start ahead of Graham, who we've already got......haven't we?
        http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          Stanley76

I've never heard from anyone that we were after CMS, only through Peterborough United.

Doubt it was no more than an enquiry.

Its simpl;y been in the papers thats all.

You won't even find a post from me saying he was ever a target LOL or more importantly Walkonby
          Taking your reply at face value, in your opinion do you think T&C have and are backing NW in the transfer market this summer, and if not, why not?

Comment

My take on the CMS situation for what it's worth is : did we really want him or did we just enquire ? I mean why would he choose Brighton over allegedly us, Norwich, wigan, coupled with far bigger championship teams like Leicester and West Ham? I think Peterborough were trying to drive the price up and came unstuck because no one was prepared to meet the ridiculous asking price. ( a price all of us were saying he's not worth that, i wouldn't pay that and now he gone elsewhere everyone up in arms ). I cannot see that Brighton would be paying CMS better terms than any of the clubs previously mentioned.
            If Neil did really really want him and we still lost out to Brighton then granted that is a massive worry - but on this occassion i not so sure.

Comment

a) I can see why NW wanted CMS, because he's a Mackie but with better touch and goalscoring.

b) I just don't see how DJ fits the system where I can see CMS playing as one of the attacking three. So DJ looks to me for all the world a bench signing unless we are going to switch to 4-3-3 and that certainly means bye bye Adel

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post
                  Neither good enough to start ahead of Graham, who we've already got......haven't we?
                  I'd have both bothroyd and dj campbell ahead of graham and cms.....but we haven't signed either so pointless

Comment

The thing i like about Warnock is that he is very open and transparent. Comments from him clearly show that he wanted Graham, I'll wait to see if there are similiar comments regarding CMS, I doubt it. How much he wanted Graham (in terms of price for a player who had an outstanding season last year but not so much before that) is open to conjecture an how much the player wanted to join his previous Manager. Even Graham I think would not have been our number 1 striker target.

I think NW thought Peterboro wanted silly money for a striker unproven at higher level.

There might have been an enquiry but that could have been as simple as how much? I think NW did "have a chat" with him and probably thought he was worth a punt at the right price but the price was to high (see Bircham's comment). Main thing is Im convinced Warnock contributed to the decision that he was priced too high.

I think Weston got it right with his take on CMS saga.

DJ and Bothroyd I think would be better acquisations than Graham and CMS. But i confess to believing Andy J would be more preferrence.

I just leave to the club to choose signings though and Im convinced Warnock has an active role in decisions - if he didnt he would walk.

My focus is - In Warnock I Trust, it served me s well last season!!

Comment

[QUOTE=SeanInOz;649768]The thing i like about Warnock is that he is very open and transparent. Comments from him clearly show that he wanted Graham, I'll wait to see if there are similiar comments regarding CMS, I doubt it. How much he wanted Graham (in terms of price for a player who had an outstanding season last year but not so much before that) is open to conjecture an how much the player wanted to join his previous Manager. Even Graham I think would not have been our number 1 striker target.

I think NW thought Peterboro wanted silly money for a striker unproven at higher level.
                      There might have been an enquiry but that could have been as simple as how much? I think NW did "have a chat" with him and probably thought he was worth a punt at the right price but the price was to high (see Bircham's comment). Main thing is Im convinced Warnock contributed to the decision that he was priced too high.

I think Weston got it right with his take on CMS saga.

DJ and Bothroyd I think would be better acquisations than Graham and CMS. But i confess to believing Andy J would be more preferrence.

I just leave to the club to choose signings though and Im convinced Warnock has an active role in decisions - if he didnt he would walk.

My focus is - In Warnock I Trust, it served me s well last season!![/
                      QUOTE]

Great post !
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by KASPARS BOOTS View Post
                        My take on the CMS situation for what it's worth is : did we really want him or did we just enquire ? I mean why would he choose Brighton over allegedly us, Norwich, wigan, coupled with far bigger championship teams like Leicester and West Ham? I think Peterborough were trying to drive the price up and came unstuck because no one was prepared to meet the ridiculous asking price. ( a price all of us were saying he's not worth that, i wouldn't pay that and now he gone elsewhere everyone up in arms ). I cannot see that Brighton would be paying CMS better terms than any of the clubs previously mentioned.
                        If Neil did really really want him and we still lost out to Brighton then granted that is a massive worry - but on this occassion i not so sure.
                        I happen to agree with you entirely on this. Won't please some people as it's an alternative point of view, but one that makes more sense than the manager not being backed.

Possibly I'm being naive in the extreme, but I find it hard to believe that the manager hasn't already agreed with the board a budget, to include transfer fees and wage commitments which would then leave him free to deal as he sees fit.

If I were fat Barry Fry and had been telling people that they want between 3&4 million pounds believing that some would pay it and end up with 2.5m, I would be tempted to have a bash at deflecting the attention from myself.

I'm as bemused and angry as everybody else (well, nearly everybody), but still hoping and trying to remain positive and sane.

Comment

Working...
                        X