No announcement yet.

More positives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Neil's coaching Upson has the natural talent to do better for us than Gorkss but anyone claiming that he's been a top reliable player for the last couple of seasons is talking out of his backside quite frankly.

In many cases the only "experience" the older domestic players that we're in a position to go for have is that of losing every week.

Don't mind us signing him but be in no doubt there's better abroad if we do some research. In Neil we trust though.

Comment

• By the way I'm assuming Neil's supposed £12m budget is including wages? Even if we signed all these guys, and Routledge, we'd only come to about £5m by my reckoning.

Surprised we weren't in for Neil Danns.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulmason View Post
        Are you saying to be good, you need to have played or just be linked to a PL team? as until Blackpool played in the PL last season Adam, Vaughn and DJ were going nowhere fast but are now and even Ian Evatt done well and got noticed.
        I've said on other threads that the likes of Mackie, Orr, Derry and Hill might surprise one or two and do very well in the Premiership just like the players you mentioned and need to have gone up with a club to get Premiership experience and the same can be said of Gorkss. If Gorkss was seen as being good enough to play Premiership football then he would have been signed by a Premiership club before hand. Upson has over 200 games at that level because he has the quality to play at a higher level and has done successfully for quite some time.

Gorkss may go up to the Premiership and prove that he has the quality to compete at the highest level but he wouldn't have gained Premiership experience unless we had got promoted because no team to date thinks he is good enough to play at that level.

Comment

• Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
          I don't know why I'm choosing to get involved but Emille Heskey played more time for England Jimmy Greaves and Geoff Hurst it doesn't make Heskey a better footballer.

If Gorkss was as good as you think then why hasn't he ever played for a Premiership club. Why hasn't he ever been linked with a team like Stoke or Wigan?
          Just saying that Upson is not a better choice. If Upson was a Latvian he wouldn´t now be playing in the Prem.

Comment

• Originally posted by swede View Post
            Just saying that Upson is not a better choice. If Upson was a Latvian he wouldn´t now be playing in the Prem.
            Why?

Comment

Why?
              Because!

Comment

Why?
                Because since Marian Pahars proved us all wrong, we've become racist towards his nation.

Oh, and Skonto Riga fans were badly behaved when they played Chelsea a few years back.
                Your mum would love me...

Comment

You do realise that Latvia is about 40 places higher in the FIFA rankings than Wales and the Premiership has a number of Welsh players so why wouldn't a Latvian succeed?

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                    Are you now saying Latvia are on a level par with England? They are as close to us as we are to Spain.
                    to be fair mate im not sure england could beat latvia at the moment
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

You do realise that Latvia is about 40 places higher in the FIFA rankings than Wales and the Premiership has a number of Welsh players so why wouldn't a Latvian succeed?
                      Talking about Upsons ability, not Latvians per se.

Comment

Why?
                        Upson 2011 - not good enough. Living on his rep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                          to be fair mate im not sure england could beat latvia at the moment
                          we could bomb them!
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Upson 2011 - not good enough. Living on his rep.
                            You said if Upson was a Latvian he wouldn't make it in the Premiership that's where I'm confused with what you mean?

Comment

• my big concearn with someone like upson that if he comes to us make no mistake it is a step down to what a couple of years ago he may have thought wouldhappen to his career.
                              he was being spoke about as one of the best arsenal etc were interested , all of a suden hes form dipped just been relegated where my west ham st holder mate said he more then contributed towards it. hell end up at rangers wishing he was somewhere else , am not sure that will help the team, also on the gorkss point i think he will do well in the pl, i rate him know hes not been picked up but hes better then evatt and look how well he did,

Comment

You said if Upson was a Latvian he wouldn't make it in the Premiership that's where I'm confused with what you mean?
                                Upson 2011, IF he was a Latvian, without his rep and former ability would not be good enough for the Prem. There is a lot of players hanging in there on former achievements and he is one. And, yes, being english makes it easier.

Comment

Working...
                                X