Ambition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambition

2 or 3 times I've gone to renew my ST and not completed due to the feeling of being overcharged for the product and therefore ripped off.

The pricing structure this year by the club is ambitous. The commercial department will have suggested to the board that demand for tickets in the prem will probably go up by 25-30% ish, but because towards the end of the last season we were at our 18k capacity, supply and demand means setting the price to allow 20% who can't afford it to drop away. It makes commercial sense I suppose, but stinks.

I decided at end May that if the club also showed ambition with new signings and ways of improving the 18k capacity long term to match the ambitous prices I would have no problem renewing, but it hasn't happened yet, so do I wait a bit longer and risk losing out?

The prem/TV money will appear on the end of season balance sheet, so I want to know where this (90m?) money is going. Repaying debt? New players? Stadium upgrade/replacement? Why do I feel that the club have no desire to inform me, but yet still want my money?

good shout gerimiah...........its called 'fook the fans who supported us in the hard times'............qprfc show no loyalty whatsoever so i recipricate that feeling!!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Good post and 1 I can't give you answer too. Fans will continue to show loyalty if they can afford it but I agree, the price doesn't match the product. Also like buying a fiesta with very high mileage, you just know it will cause no end of problems.

I really can't watch the big games and I don't want to see us getting a serious hiding. MOTD for me, as highlights may even be too much. They might have to give us a good 7 mins to show all the goals we concede.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

seriously i think with the current squad we are in contention to be worse ever pl side!!

Comment

Yeah the lack of pace throughout the team is frightening.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            our back four would come second in a relay race with morris/qbp/krill and sir ted!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
              our back four would come second in a relay race with morris/qbp/krill and sir ted!!!!
              Morris is a whippa snapper Id expect him to have pace surely..

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                What were you posting before last season?
                If I remember right you had interesting statement about Derry in your sig(was that you?)
                We still have Warnock and therefore hope.
                COYRs:yush:

Comment

"£90M will appear on the balance sheet"

Apart from the fact, you don't spend from the balance sheet & income doesn't appear on it, we only get £40M guaranteed this season and THAT's paid in installments with the final payment not being received for nearly 11 months, that's a very accurate statement.

The other £48M is again paid in installments over 4 YEARS and will begin (if we get relegated) in August 2012.

Problem is of course, players need paying every month not just when we have some cash.

How do we think that has happened over last 3 years looking at debts, P & L and cashflow?

Yep the shareholders - Flav, BE and Mittals have stumped up - they MAY get their cash back, they MAY get interest and they (Flav/Mittal) MAY even get the ground but the idea that they are putting the Premier League's millions straight in their pockets at the moment is nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by PinnerPaul View Post
                    "£90M will appear on the balance sheet"

Apart from the fact, you don't spend from the balance sheet & income doesn't appear on it, we only get £40M guaranteed this season and THAT's paid in installments with the final payment not being received for nearly 11 months, that's a very accurate statement.

The other £48M is again paid in installments over 4 YEARS and will begin (if we get relegated) in August 2012.

Problem is of course, players need paying every month not just when we have some cash.

How do we think that has happened over last 3 years looking at debts, P & L and cashflow?

Yep the shareholders - Flav, BE and Mittals have stumped up - they MAY get their cash back, they MAY get interest and they (Flav/Mittal) MAY even get the ground but the idea that they are putting the Premier League's millions straight in their pockets at the moment is nonsense.
                    I accept what you say Paul, and thanks for the correction, I was trying to emphasise the P & L position, but you miss the point of the thread, which is, does the club have any ambition anymore with the current owners?

And yes, they do receive an income, and favourable interest for the loan, but what is equally nonsense is the notion that they are 'giving' it to the club, because the loan/investment is covered with the current stadium land value if defaulting. It is about money and profit, and not passion and ambition
                    Last edited by Gerryhatrick; 24-06-2011, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Its probadly the land that loftus rd is built on that really interests our board!
                      LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Yes PinnerPaul, there seems this perception that owning this (or any other really) Football Club is like a cash machine. Whatever you think of the owners (and it is generally negative on virtually all of the Boards) it is true to say that they have funded the club over the last few years. We are now in the Prem and have the opportunity to be self-sufficient as a club through the increased revenue. However, we cannot realistically expect to compete with the top clubs in terms of attracting players. We had trouble with that before and 15 years on the difference is much greater. It will be an immense achievement to stay up next year and that is all I am hoping for. We will then get another 40m and so on if we stay up the following year. In my opinion the whole football bubble will burst one day and we will look back and say 'Can you remember when Footballers earned £120k per week - how crazy was that?' It is not sustainable. West Ham signing and paying a player £50k per week having just got relegated makes me despair to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryhatrick View Post
                          2 or 3 times I've gone to renew my ST and not completed due to the feeling of being overcharged for the product and therefore ripped off.

The pricing structure this year by the club is ambitous. The commercial department will have suggested to the board that demand for tickets in the prem will probably go up by 25-30% ish, but because towards the end of the last season we were at our 18k capacity, supply and demand means setting the price to allow 20% who can't afford it to drop away. It makes commercial sense I suppose, but stinks.

I decided at end May that if the club also showed ambition with new signings and ways of improving the 18k capacity long term to match the ambitous prices I would have no problem renewing, but it hasn't happened yet, so do I wait a bit longer and risk losing out?

The prem/TV money will appear on the end of season balance sheet, so I want to know where this (90m?) money is going. Repaying debt? New players? Stadium upgrade/replacement? Why do I feel that the club have no desire to inform me, but yet still want my money?
                          Before we srtart I understand what you're saying ..BUT... it is very easy at this stage to say that the club don't have any ambition.

Now that we are a prem club the saying 'eaten bread is soon forgotten' springs to mind !

where were we heading before FB and BE turned up... the same direction as Luton !

Lets not kid ourselves .. Who do you think has been paying the bills for the last couple of years ?? NOT THE CLUB !! BE (mostly ) and FB .

Its not only the day to day bills but the win bonuses , wages , transfers , ground improvements etc . Sponshorship and season ticket revenue doesn't even touch the sides when it comes to running a football !!

They have shown tremendous ambition to get a club that was in admin about 5/6 years ago to the Premiere League . i realise that they've shown utter contempt towards the average fan and punter with their pricing policies of late but to ask if they've shown ambition is unbelievable !

The next stage of the chapter is yet to unfold and despite all you read and speculate on , the only people who know whats happening are BE, FB and maybe NW.

The owners up until now have certainly done their bit and given us what we wanted . We are currently the holders of the Championship trophy and we will spend the next year in the Prem ...... The choice is now with you to decide if you can make the figures work in order to see us there !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
                            Its probadly the land that loftus rd is built on that really interests our board!
                            you really believe that ?, fk me im originally from the bush , the land around there not exactly prime!!! cant see many people buying luxery flats there can you?

Comment

you know whta everyone keeps commenting on this 90 mil as people qite rghtly point put its that fig over 4 years, there are also new rles coming in ref to financial fairplay next season no one on here knows what that will mean and maybe we just need to trust what they are doing , they have an investment to protect and am confident will be seen soon. no one makes money from footie clubs at our size level people need to remember that

Comment

Working...
                              X