Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An embarrassment of riches

By Rob Facey

It has been 15 long years since Queens Park Rangers competed in the top flight of English football. Rather than anticipating the new season with giddy excitement, fans are once again nervously placing their faith in a club that has narrowly avoided disaster after disaster in recent times.

Back in 1995-96, under the stewardship of player-manager Ray Wilkins, the West London side struggled to cope with the recent sale of England striker Les Ferdinand to Newcastle and finished 19th. They were relegated that year along with Manchester City and Bolton Wanderers.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature...at-qpr?cc=5739

Comedy gold!

Comment

The biggest worry of all, though, is that the last year's success was the blip, as opposed to the years of chaos and politics that preceded it.

Nail on head.

Comment

In a nutshell

Summed up very nicely.

You could of course write a 10 page article on the shambolic running of the club for the last 15 years or more but who would listen?
        I will focus on my own novel entitled "viper in the nest - Gianni Paladini ruined my life", a sad tail depicting all that is wrong in the modern day game
        I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Whilst it is a pretty accurate synopsis of what has happened to our club, my only question would be why has it been brought up again? There cannot be a person left on the planet who doesn't know about our recent history and the shambles we have become and that our promotion to the Premier League is only, so far, papering over the cracks (potential chasms) that litter our club.

It's been well documented.

Comment

Until something different comes along.

Comment

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
              Whilst it is a pretty accurate synopsis of what has happened to our club, my only question would be why has it been brought up again? There cannot be a person left on the planet who doesn't know about our recent history and the shambles we have become and that our promotion to the Premier League is only, so far, papering over the cracks (potential chasms) that litter our club.

It's been well documented.
              Could not put it better myself
              Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------
              https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

Working...
              X