Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research is Key for Warnock

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...ership&BID=312

Neil Warnock maintains he will not be out to just sign any overseas player for the sake of it as he looks to keep Queens Park Rangers in the Barclays Premier League.

The west-London club, whose major shareholder is Flavio Briatore, have been linked with a string of Italians - including 34-year-old AC Milan defender Nicola Legrottaglie and fellow veteran Marco Materazzi.

However, Warnock insists any new signings will go through proper scouting.

Speaking in the Fulham & Hammersmith Chronicle, the QPR manager said: "I am not against foreign players as such - in fact there's three on my list - but some of the names we've been linked with over the past few weeks, I've either barely heard of or I'm not interested.

"If I get a DVD sent to me and it's only got the highlights of someone's career - it goes straight in the bin.

"If it's got an entire game and that player's part in it - then I'll have a look, or one of my staff will, and then we'll follow it up in person."

Warnock is said to have a transfer kitty of some £15million and had reportedly targeted free agent Jay Bothroyd, Blackpool striker DJ Campbell and Hull's Jimmy Bullard.

"We need five or six signings, which we are desperately trying to move on," Warnock added on Sky Sports News.

"It is difficult at the moment but when the season starts we will be ready and Loftus Road will be buzzing at the rafters.

"We do need some signings but the lads that took us up deserve a chance as well.

"It's not just a matter of signings. I've got to get the right ones that I think will go in to the team and make the team better.

"I am going to persevere. Ian Holloway said to me that he thought where they (Blackpool) made a mistake was not getting the squad big enough before the end of August, and we don't want to make that mistake if we can help it."

It has been suggested influential Moroccan Adel Taarabt will be sold, but Warnock quipped: "You take it with a pinch of salt. I read this morning he fancies Chelsea and Arsenal, so hopefully he will turn it on against these clubs and get himself a move.

"I'll probably have had enough of him by Christmas, so hopefully he'll score 10 or 15 goals by then and get himself a move."

QPR side start their Premier League campaign against Bolton on August 13.

"It doesn't matter who you play, the Premier League is where we all want to be. It's just fabulous to be involved," Warnock said.

"I think the thing is to try to play without fear.

"We know we're going to have one or two defeats, but it's how you bounce back - and our home record's always been good.

"I'm really glad I'm in the Premier League and I've got to make sure whoever plays us it's difficult for them."

Neil Warnock does make a lot of sense and keeps calm.
    He is probably the ideal manager to negotiate qpr through this turmoil.
    His handling of idiot savant Adel is a work of art in itself.

15 million sounds ok though i didnt see that bit in the edited interview.

Twitter@bobbyosborne1
    http://twitter.com/#/bobbyosborne1

Comment

He seems quiet chippa at the moment:pleasantsuprise:
      Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

Working...
      X