Ways to improve the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways to improve the game

1) How about a percentage of point for every goal scored win, draw or lose.
    I initially thought 0.25 per goal. but realise that this would mean a team losing but scoring 4 would have the same reward as teams drawing 0-0 etc so maybe 0.125. per goal. I accept that this could lead to teams who are winning comfortably contriving advantage over close rivals by allowing the team that they are beating comfortably to have easy consolaton goals etc I would need to give it more thought but..........

2) If, like myself, you are sick of teams who score rolling around and 'rocking babies', why not allow the team which concedes to re-start as soon as they can get the ball to the centre spot. That woud cetaininly get the scorers back behind the ball in short order

Half time/final whistle cannot go until the ball goes out of play! although would be times your winning that you just want the whistle to go, I personally find it so infuriating when youre on the attack and the ref blows up!
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      Half time/final whistle cannot go until the ball goes out of play! although would be times your winning that you just want the whistle to go, I personally find it so infuriating when youre on the attack and the ref blows up!
      Agree. Mate

Comment

How about this.

As a lot of teams start a game with pinching a draw away from home.

the games starts with zero points so if the games finish nil - nil no points for any team.

The team to score the first goal gets a point and the team to score the last goal gets one point and winner another 2 points.

so a team wins 2-0 gets 4 points.

if it is a score draw each team gets one point plus one point for whichever team scored first and one point for the last scorers.

This way a team will start on the attack from onset to get the first point and will have to keep going until the end to get the last goal point instead of sitting on a one goal lead.

Also say a team losing 4-0 will still be able to play for the last goal point.

Seems complicated but it is quite easy and can you imagine the last day like this years in the prem relegation.

Comment

Would like to see 6 match bans given after game for any player that for example goes down clutching their face when contact was nowhere near eg dwarf right back for barcelona.

Comment

1) When a player goes down outside of the area, the physio comes on but the game continues, this would stop the deliberate time wasting and breaking up play tactics overnight.

2) If a player is proven to dive, fine the player, manager and coaching staff and it would stop overnight as players would be told to stay on their feet.

3) Allow each team 1, 2 or 3 chances for the ref to view a goal, penalty claim.

4) An instant yellow card for any angry reaction from a player to the ref after a decision, this would stop it overnight and help the FA's respect campaign, otherwise they should just stop it as its pointless.

5) Allow safe standing areas in grounds that can have them.

Comment

As in Europe, managers (eg Ferrgie) should be given stadium bans rather than just touchline bans, they still carry on the same job from the stands otherwise.

And re Safe standing areas, I think there was something to be heard this month about that. I'll take a look how it's doing or if anyone else knows. Would be great to get it back.
              Queens Park Rangers
              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                1) When a player goes down outside of the area, the physio comes on but the game continues, this would stop the deliberate time wasting and breaking up play tactics overnight.

2) If a player is proven to dive, fine the player, manager and coaching staff and it would stop overnight as players would be told to stay on their feet.

3) Allow each team 1, 2 or 3 chances for the ref to view a goal, penalty claim.

4) An instant yellow card for any angry reaction from a player to the ref after a decision, this would stop it overnight and help the FA's respect campaign, otherwise they should just stop it as its pointless.

5) Allow safe standing areas in grounds that can have them.

Paul

Very much favour your no.4

Comment

Originally posted by KLOS View Post
                  Paul

Very much favour your no.4
                  That law already exists as it's covered under dissent, it's the weak refs that are scared of their superiors who fail to implement it.

Comment

5. Big red beach balls should be allowed to be thrown infront of Chelsea goal keepers when playing the superhoops
                    R's

Comment

Working...
                    X