X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cerny

Set for a new deal

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lon...medium=twitter

I like Cerny, but he was awful against Leeds. Maybe put it down to not playing for so long?
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
      I like Cerny, but he was awful against Leeds. Maybe put it down to not playing for so long?
      Yeah, playing in the reserves all year isnt ideal...

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
        He was but Paddy missed two games last season and if Warno has a couple of brass farthings to spend he might as well save them for more vital positions.

Comment

Would honestly prefer to bring in somebody like Alex Smithies to be an understudy to Paddy.

Comment

Couldn't wish for a better reserve keeper.

Comment

I think we should look to get in a young back-up for Paddy. Someone like Smithies from Huddersfield. We can always loan him back so he's getting game time.

Not really a priority position, but if Kenny was to get injured I don't think Cerny would cut it in the Prem.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                He was but Paddy missed two games last season and if Warno has a couple of brass farthings to spend he might as well save them for more vital positions.
                Agree, more important signings to make then a reserve goalie. Just a bit worrying if Paddy gets injured/sent off, cerny has to face the likes of Rooney & Tevez. With our likely budget, it looks like Cerny will have to do.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

Always been too flappy and hides most of his inadequacies by being a reasonable shot stopper. Can't remember what happened to the young up and coming Northern Irish lad who was ridiculously dropped to make way for the Radish...

Not good enough as first choice then and certainly not good enough for the Prem. I hope that Putnins continues to develop to take over as no. 2 as the season progresses.

Comment

Lads, let's look at it this way. We have a budget. Alex Smithie's will cost at least £2-3m, being young, English and a great prospect. Cerny is a decent 'keeper and wouldn't eat into our funds for other transfers. Replacing a backup 'keeper is not really important right now, and players like Smithies want to continue getting game time anyway.

I'd much rahter see our money spent wisely in the 1st season, then start to build a better squad after.
                    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Working...
                    X