Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We cannot Do Things On The Cheap In The Premiership !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We cannot Do Things On The Cheap In The Premiership !!

Okay, Warnock does a great job with very little financial clout in the championship and if we follow in the styles of Stoke or Bolton we need to spend some money.

We had a great season finishing champions, but this was due in the main to Neil Warnock who created a great untiy amongst the players. Its all well and good saying that Ramage, Hall and Helguson are with us for the duration, but we need more, much more to survive.

Last season it was obvious Warncok wanted Walters and right up to the last minute he was coming to Loftus Road up to the point where Stoke offered the cash up front, then the deal was dead in the walters. A few weeks ago we were odds on favourites to capture the signature of Graham from Watford, only to see Swansea go a little over the odds to ensure he will playing premiership for them next season.

I like the players Jimmy Bullard and DJ Campbell, but we need more much more. Its okay saying "don't worry we know what we are doing", the reality is other clubs who finished behind us in the championship have already done far more in the transfer market than we have.

its a dangerous game waiting for last minute bargain buys and players who fit into our salary cap. We need to realise the gulf between the championship[ and premiership is huge and we need a very good pre-season where all the players are gelling together. If we are not careful we could be down by November , we need quality players who have experience of the premiership.

The club heirachy have secured a nice little financial earner for the club being in the premiership and they need to show all QPR fans they mean business. We already have a split fanbase due to what they perceive to be going on upstairs.

What is needed is some positive PR to get the fans all behind the team, for what will be our hardest challenge for a very long time.

Lets secure some good players, get the fans onside and actually get them to feel its money well spent to see a good quality set of players who can keep us in the premiership.

What I am seeing so far is lack of real intent to invest in our long term premiership future.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

we WILL do it on the cheap again.
    http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Welcome to the real world Pete. I think you will find that is what many have been saying for a while.

Now stop being such a doommonger and get back to your usual posts.....

A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Heres hoping GP can find us some more gems like Faurlin yeah Pete.

Comment

We gained £40m from winning the league... Where is that money? Where's the money from the television rights from the 30 odd companies on the new gantry?

Comment

QBP wrote
            A few weeks ago we were odds on favourites to capture the signature of Graham from Watford, only to see Swansea go a little over the odds to ensure he will playing premiership for them next season.

What do you make of Nodge's post stating that a deal had already been done with Swansea providing they were promoted? If so they wouldn't have had to outbid us. Genuine question.

Comment

My opinion.

Would be no point dealing with a club in the championship, the 3.5 milion bid definitely came after they got promoted.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post
                QBP wrote
                A few weeks ago we were odds on favourites to capture the signature of Graham from Watford, only to see Swansea go a little over the odds to ensure he will playing premiership for them next season.

What do you make of Nodge's post stating that a deal had already been done with Swansea providing they were promoted? If so they wouldn't have had to outbid us. Genuine question.
                Boring already
                http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post
                  QBP wrote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                    Boring already
                    Interesting already

Comment

Originally posted by ProtestR View Post
                      Interesting already
                      Why?
                      http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

You need to change your name to Jukebox Pete as you change your tune so often!

We certainly aint doing the Prem on the cheap --- an by we i mean "us" -- the fans --- the one's who pay through the nose for the seats that is!

I always expected a hefty whack but I believed in Amit and everything he said about the future when i spoke with him one to one. To be honest if he'd asked me for £800.00 for my ST there and then i would've paid it as what he set out was fantastic and reasonably fair for all.

Now look at where your White Knights are taking us --- to hell in a handcart (and a cheap one with rickety wheels at that!)

At the end of the day -- bollix to 'em. I am going to treat next season same as all of 'em --- Draw, Win or Lose we'll be on the booze.
                        I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Better enjoy next season in the premier league and hope we survive with a group of free transfers and loans

Comment

Well i dont as yet fancy investing my money in a sinking ship, plus i dont get my money back unlike tango and cash.

If nothing has changed by the 30th of june then fark em at least i will be able to use the cash saved on a holiday and not in those #####s pockets.
                            They seek him here.................

Comment

Lblock

Not changed my tune. Always maintained the relationship between Flav/Bernie and fans will never work.

I was simply pointing out that Bernie gave his backing last year to Warnock with the financing. Does not make them great people, just savvy enough to know how this football game works.

It took them 4 years though.

Comment

Working...
                              X