Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyprus?

Anyone been?

I am looking to possibly go to Ayia Napa on Sunday for a week as I have seen late deals for under £200 but I hear mixed reports on the prices etc out there for beer and food?

Is it expensive,cheap,or about the same as London?

Any help appreciated or should me and Mrs Isleworth look to go somewhere else instead?

Not been personally but have a friend who lives out in Cyprus ( a fellow R ) and frequents Ayia Napa. He says beer and food etc very good, plenty going on, is on the expensive side, although probably on a par with London.

Comment

Great place & more than reasonable prices mate.
      Lovely beaches & plenty to do. For under £200 that's a deal get on it.

Comment

Stay away from Ayai Napper unless you want to mingle with Fitttz, Routledge innit and dizzy rascal.
        An hour away is Paphos, which is stunning.

Comment

I've been to Ayia Napa. Didn't think it was too bad. Great beach called 'Nissi.' Loads of good bars and clubs. Remember there was an 'Only Fools and Horses bar' plus a Linekers Bar. But it's aimed more at a younger clientele. I think the older people go further down the coast. Can't quite see you strutting your stuff on the dance floor there. Loads of northerners there as well.
          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

It's a bit kid-ish there. DJ Luck and MC Neat stylee. Not that I'm not into that scene, but as Dave says, I can't see you feeling comfortable in the bars round there at night.
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

going to Cyprus in 4 weeks as well
              been many times and i love it out there
              Ayia Napa is a bit too lively for me :-)...Paphos and St Georges is nice
              Got expensive over the last few years though thanks to the damn Euro..bout on par with London
              Sure you will have a great time tho m8

Comment

Paphos and Polis are lovely - especially Polis in my opinion. It is quite expensive in my view (more than I was expecting when I went a couple of years back)- on a par with London, yes.

Comment

Been to Cyprus 4 times and have to say all the bars doubled their prices once the euro came in but I would recommend you go protarus which is 15 mins from aiya napa, whatever you choose for £200 you've got a bargain

Comment

totally agree with UB5. Protarus is lovely , golden beach and crystal clear waters. Been there twice and would go again.

Nice bars, restauraunts, SPORTS BARS, + cheesy fools n horses / friends bar etc

Litterally is 15 mins from Aya Nappa as the nutters do well over 100MPH!

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                      Anyone been?

I am looking to possibly go to Ayia Napa on Sunday for a week as I have seen late deals for under £200 but I hear mixed reports on the prices etc out there for beer and food?

Is it expensive,cheap,or about the same as London?

Any help appreciated or should me and Mrs Isleworth look to go somewhere else instead?
                      Been about 8 or 9 times and can tell you it's a WONDERFUL PLACE - We have a family home out there and I try to get out there with my now fiance at least once a year. Like anywhere in the world it can be expensive in touristy places (particularly Napa) but if you go to the local bars you'll notice the difference in your pocket. Our villa is near Larnaca which is a lot more realistic in prices. Protaras I would suggest is a much better place to go with the missus as its more for couples and families where as Napa is more of a 17-27's place (Kid'ish if you catch my drift).

I'm off in a couple of weeks and I'll be going to the army barracks for fish and chips (I haven't yet been but am told you won't eat better anywhere in the world) and they have a bars there too that's uber cheap, but from Napa it might cost about 40 euros in a cab!

If you do go to Napa two great places to eat is Sage -REALLY NICE FOOD but a bit pricy coming in at about 80 euros for 2 people inc drinks. The other which is a MUST - HIGHLY RECOMMEND is Sapora (think that's how it's spelt). You get your own chef at your table and it is SUPERB, they mess about cooking your food and you'll almost wet yourself with laughter (I won't say anymore as I don't want to spoil the experience).

Got to dash to a meeting but if you PM me I can fill you in on all the nice beaches etc.

Comment

Thanks for all the tips and advice chaps

I think I will book it and see what happens though I might grab a place away from Aiya Napa as suggested as these seem about the same price

Thanks again

Comment

Just noticed your sig change Isle... Haha i only had a week away from here too lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                            Just noticed your sig change Isle... Haha i only had a week away from here too lol
                            I was fed up with being hounded Jeffro

Comment

Check it out north of the border, where my wife is from so i know it well! Go up to karpas peninsula for deserted sandy beaches which are the best in cyprus. Dont forget your turkish lira though!

Comment

Working...
                              X