Two possible simple solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two possible simple solutions

I have been having a good old think about the current situation and how we as supporters really need to get our point across to the owners regarding the new pricing structure and especially the walk up prices which will in my opinion stop fans from returning to watch our club

1, I am 99% sure that all season ticket holders and Members are automatically members of the Official Supporters Club which was of course set up many years ago with the best intentions for us fans but to put it mildly has hardly set the world alight on our behalf over the last few years and I`m sure the LSA and QPR1st have fought much harder for us on current and previous issues we have had with the club

I would have thought that within the OSC Constitution there would be if enough of demanded it the mechanism for us as members to call an Emergency General Meeting which would allow us to have a vote of no confidence in the board and if successful then publish this to the media etc

The vote would of course allow anyone who has a membership or season ticket wherever they live in the world and regardless of how many games they are able to attend to show what we think

Bernie and Flavio may not take any notice but remember the supporters club is in effect managed by the club but this would show they do have some independence and are doing what they were originally set up for and that is to serve the fans best interests

2, some might suggest a boycott all merchandise sales both in the club shop and elsewhere and also all the food and beer outlets inside the ground as this is where the club make make profits

The last thing the club would want when the worlds media is watching is empty tills around the ground and even perhaps friendly pickets asking fans to be united by not buying any products until the board back down at least a little bit and show some concessions

I understand there could be potential legal ramifications on this idea so I will leave that to the individual to decide what to do and am not encouraging others to do so though I will be myself apart from the odd halftime beer

I am sure both ideas will be mocked by some on here but what other ideas can we implement rather then sitting on our hands and letting them **** all over us?
    Last edited by IsleworthRanger; 30-05-2011, 02:33 PM.

You put it well there mate! A lot of sense spoken that man

Comment

Good post, now who's gonna get this all started. We need to put the theory into practise.
      Queens Park Rangers
      NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Number 2 is the best option, but so hard to implement.

I think we lose sight a little bit that many fans don't even visit web-sites. We think they do but reallisticaly all forums combine would take aroud 25% of all the fan base.

Norwich handed out leaflets some years ago at games to get message across.

I remember when the badge was changed it was advocated to avoid wearing it. You only have to look at our last game of the season, to see many have bought/now accepted it.

Some fans still don't wear the new badge though. What would really annoy them is someone bringing back merchandise with the old badge on it.

Just an idea
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

As I stated in another thread I wont be buying anything at the ground not even a programe because I wont be able to afford it after I bought my walk up ticket! I wonder how many fans will be like me? Well done flabio and the dwarf really well thought out!
          LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            Number 2 is the best option, but so hard to implement.

I think we lose sight a little bit that many fans don't even visit web-sites. We think they do but reallisticaly all forums combine would take aroud 25% of all the fan base.

Norwich handed out leaflets some years ago at games to get message across.

I remember when the badge was changed it was advocated to avoid wearing it. You only have to look at our last game of the season, to see many have bought/now accepted it.

Some fans still don't wear the new badge though. What would really annoy them is someone bringing back merchandise with the old badge on it.

Just an idea
            Not helped by the fact the flag with the new badge on was plastered over everyone's seat to take home.

Anyway, good points Isleworth. Think the only thing about the merchandise thing, which I totally applaud, is that those who can still afford to take their kids, will be badgered into buying stuff from the club shop and retail outlets inside the ground and "P*ss off son, I'm not buying you that programme, scarf, pencil case, calendar etc" is easy to say but hard to do in reality.

Comment

I'm with you isleworth on this. Point 1 needs seriously looking in to.

Point 2 can be easily done. And indeed i know a lot that dont do it. There's many similar things we can do - e.g. if our first game is on sky there's nothing wrong with taking our seats 1 minute late or something.

I would also say that there's a point 3.

Protesting at QPR can be pointless if no-one is there but Flavio and Bernie have other businesses and business adresses outside of QPR - even 50 people turning up and flashmobbing a place can cause much much better bad PR and press.

Comment

I did mention before that we should do a leaflet drop at our first home game asking people to register with an MB so that we can contact all fans for organised protests if need be.

ST holders could for example boycott a home game two or three home games into the season, the media will be well aware of it, and that's one thing the club really hate, believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                  I did mention before that we should do a leaflet drop at our first home game asking people to register with an MB so that we can contact all fans for organised protests if need be.

ST holders could for example boycott a home game two or three home games into the season, the media will be well aware of it, and that's one thing the club really hate, believe me.
                  The idea I had of involving our membership of the OSC as a potential vote of no confidence could involve them if we demand it contacting every season ticket holder and member using their database to allow them to vote if they wished to

Comment

Well, here you can read the Official Supporters Mandate

http://www.qpr.co.uk/staticFiles/96/...~152214,00.pdf

And this stands out

3.8 An Extraordinary General Meeting may be called at any time by the Committee
                    or by written request to the secretary of a minimum of 30 adult members. Such
                    a request shall state the purpose for which such a meeting is required

So, we just need 30 people to write to them

Comment

I would add that they dont seem to be doing this..

3.1 The Committee shall meet at such time or times as the Committee shall
                      determine, but at a minimum would aim to meet at least once a month
                      3.2 It is envisaged to hold regular meetings with Supporters’ Groups, at a minimum
                      on a bi-monthly basis,
                      Last edited by indianalondon; 30-05-2011, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by indianalondon View Post
                        Well, here you can read the Official Supporters Mandate

http://www.qpr.co.uk/staticFiles/96/...~152214,00.pdf

And this stands out

3.8 An Extraordinary General Meeting may be called at any time by the Committee
                        or by written request to the secretary of a minimum of 30 adult members. Such
                        a request shall state the purpose for which such a meeting is required

So, we just need 30 people to write to them
                        Nice one mate,I was sure there would be something in the constitution somewhere

Now if we can for once put message board wars aside why not see if we can get a written request for the EGM signed by a few from each board so as to show some unity?

Does it really matter where the concept originated as bottom line we are all QPR fans at the end of the day and in my opinion at least the OSC have been too silent on the matter so lets get then involved even if they don't like the idea

Its worth a try isn't it?

Comment

Great idea. How do we get a letter signed by 30 people? Can we just get people to post/email their name and membership number and sent it to the official supporters club?

The club would probably send a nobody to the meeting though!

Comment

I'm with Scott and always like the idea of a plan B (of direct action) if plan A fails.

Comment

All season ticket holders are indeed members of the OSC,but I bet the majority of them don't really know, don't really care, because there are no real benefits to being a member of the OSC as far as I can see.
                              The thing is, as Isleworth said, they are affiliated to the football club, and are not "political" in what they do. That is why the LSA was formed in the first place, for independence. The most we could hope for from the OSC would be a letter saying members are miffed. Would be ignored by the club, as will any such communication from the LSA, QPR 1st etc
                              As regards boycotting merchandise, catering in the ground, fine but I started doing that 30 years ago because most of it is over-priced rubbish! People wouldn't all join in anyway, and wouldn't with a match boycott either.
                              The only way as I see it is protesting publically like the anti-Briatore protest in SAR a couple of years ago-so long as it is peaceful. That, and what is being done already in contacting the media-I have seen an awful lot in the papers and on broadcast media about the disgraceful hike in prices, we need to keep that going.

Comment

Working...
                              X