Marcello Lippi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcello Lippi

If Warnocks walks, or gets sacked, NOT in a billion years would we get Marcello Lippi. I have seen his name mentioned a few times in various threads.

We are talking about a manager with a CV that says:

A world cup winner
    A Champions League winner
    A European Supercup winner
    5 Seria A titles
    World manager of the year a couple of times.

The list goes on, one of the greatest managers ever. Has worked with the likes of Del Piero, Maldini, etc.

Unless he has around £100m to spend on players, I doubt he would fancy working with the current QPR squad. He probably hasn't even heard of QPR.

If Warnock goes, and Flavio is left to pick a gaffa, expect a Vialli, or some seria b COACH.
    @chrisrobson9

if Warnock goes, expect there to be protests at HQ

Comment

As long as we replace him with dowie
      R's

Comment

More likely Ranieri.

Lippi is more Chelsea/Man City material than us.

Comment

paulo di canio after xmas
          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

He'll need to build a new team because this season we have built a team around the Moroccan magician, but next season it looks like he will be on to bigger and better things. Would Lippi come and build a completely new team on a shoestring budget? Doubt it.

Comment

Ancelotti

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
                More likely Ranieri.

Lippi is more Chelsea/Man City material than us.
                Alright Stanley, long time pal.

I even think Ranieri is too big for us. He has quite a good CV/Reputation, I just cant see top managers wanting to risk their reputations by floping with QPR which they would do unless they have money to spend.

I always dreamed of talking about these type of managers taking over, but no like this.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

Jim smith could do a great job
                  R's

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                    Alright Stanley, long time pal.

I even think Ranieri is too big for us. He has quite a good CV/Reputation, I just cant see top managers wanting to risk their reputations by floping with QPR which they would do unless they have money to spend.

I always dreamed of talking about these type of managers taking over, but no like this.
                    Good to see you Robbo mate.

Think Ranieri could be a target for Flavio as he has not been a massive success in Italy over the last few years.Done okay but not set the world on fire.Plus has prem experience.Would have the experience to keep us up,which the board would be desperaste for.

Comment

Lets go back to the good old days 'gigi di canio, bernie and flavio'

Comment

If Warnocks walks, or gets sacked, NOT in a billion years would we get Marcello Lippi. I have seen his name mentioned a few times in various threads.

A world cup winner
                        5 Seria A titles

The list goes on, one of the greatest managers ever. Has worked with the likes of Del Piero, Maldini, etc.

Unless he has around £100m to spend on players, I doubt he would fancy working with the current QPR squad. He probably hasn't even heard of QPR.

If Warnock goes, and Flavio is left to pick a gaffa, expect a Vialli, or some seria b COACH.
                        Personally wouldn't want him, he'd have us relegated on the type of budget we'd have to offer. I never want to see another Italian in charge at Rangers again.

Comment

Lippi is one of the most decorated coaches ever. His Juventus team were awesome and he masterminded the world cup win. He would probably have his sights set a bit higher than LR TBH.

Comment

Its laughable to even think any of us QPR fans or stupid journalists could imagine a world cup winning coach in Lippi or a 2 time Champions League winning coach in Ancelotti would even want to coach QPR. Our training centres a sh*t hole, our stadiums tiny, and these managers dont like working on small budgets because in todays football you need to spend big if you want top players in your team. Big name players aint going to be attracted to our club because weve got facilities just as good as Blackpools. Big name coaches will demand big wages and a big transfer budget if there to be persuaded to coach a club. Can any one honestly really see Bernie and Flavio investing in our beloved QPR like that? Not a chance!!
                            Since Flabio steped down, and amit and saksena took over, our club really took a step forward! Warnock got in the players he wanted and the owners were butting in with team selections and thats why we were champions this year. The owners should be so so grateful that weve got such a great coach in Warnock

Comment

A world cup winner
                              5 Seria A titles

Warnock will not walk or get sacked and of course we won't attract Marcelo Lippi, that is obvious. do you think an ex-Italy manager would manage a club with 18, 000 supporters? Who is he going to buy two strikers from Somalia?

Comment

Working...
                              X