Fellow Seniors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fellow Seniors

Any of you remember the game ( maybe you were there) of Sexton's team at St Andrew's.? Gillard (probably the least talented of 'the team') had recently received an England cap and the B'ham winger, a Scotsman called Calderwood, was beating Gillard with ease and turning around and taunting Gillard.

Shortly, a phalanx of our defenders formed and from within a fist emerged flooring said Calderwood. The referee ran in turn to both linesmen who shook their heads. The crowd was screaming 'McClintock'.

I am sure everyone in the ground knew. I do wonder whether the officials were being disingenuous and happy for Calderwood to meet his nemesis.

I should not laugh but.........

i was there sitting on the benches , it was Mclintock ,fans around weren't to happy [no segragation them days ]Stan Bowles a few years later said FM was one of the hardest people in football
    Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Indeed he was- from the Gorbals. His contribution to the team was always immense even at 37 years plus. His footballing brain was second to none but strangely he was not a success as a manager ( Foxes).

Thanks for your response ,.Super

Comment

Working...
      X