Craig Mackail-Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig Mackail-Smith

Just watched the play-off between Peterborough and MK Whatsits and I know Craig Mackail-Smith has been mentioned before but he looks a class act ... very pacey, intelligent off the ball running, accurate shooting ... he has it all. Looks like Gareth and I can definately see him in those ledgendary Hoops. Can't believe the Peterborough fans nicked our 'stand up and make some noise' song but fair play to them for great support ... IT'S POSH THEY ARE!
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Worth a punt
    R's

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
      Just watched the play-off between Peterborough and MK Whatsits and I know Craig Mackail-Smith has been mentioned before but he looks a class act ... very pacey, intelligent off the ball running, accurate shooting ... he has it all. Looks like Gareth and I can definately see him in those ledgendary Hoops. Can't believe the Peterborough fans nicked our 'stand up and make some noise' song but fair play to them for great support ... IT'S POSH THEY ARE!
      watched the match too and totaly agree that he'd do a job for us,apparently def moving from peterborough next season-has neil been busy??

Comment

Didn't stop running all night putting the back four under pressure and scores goals. Well worth a punt.

Comment

Big step in all fairness.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

He was very impressive but he would cost about 3mil apparently. At least 2mil you would think and I would prefer us to spend that on a striker who has played at a higher level and/or Prem experience. Dj Campbell if Blackpool go down would be a better signing imo. Not flashy but he has scored a lot of Prem goals this year
            CHAMPIONS
            Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Originally posted by hermitage10 View Post
              He was very impressive but he would cost about 3mil apparently. At least 2mil you would think and I would prefer us to spend that on a striker who has played at a higher level and/or Prem experience. Dj Campbell if Blackpool go down would be a better signing imo. Not flashy but he has scored a lot of Prem goals this year

Comment

I watched the repeat last night, very impressed. Goal scorer and he worked damn hard too
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I'd love to see him in our team. I think like Mackie, his hard work would pay off. Both players aren't the most technically gifted, but through his efforts I could see him making a good impact on our premiership side, setting a good example for the rest of the squad.

Comment

Thought he was excellent last night. A poor mans Carlos Tevez, in the way that he chases everything down. Looked decent when they were in the championship and playing up top with Maclean. Depending on our budget deffo worth a punt.

Comment

Barry Fry said last night that he is going to a prem club after the playoffs, which club is anyones guess. I think he will go to Norwich.

Comment

Originally posted by isham rangers View Post
                        Barry Fry said last night that he is going to a prem club after the playoffs, which club is anyones guess. I think he will go to Norwich.
                        Was mentioned a while back that they were after him so you could be right

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                          Big step in all fairness.
                          I agree its a big step, but many people on here said that Jermaine Beckford would never make it in the PL and that he would never score a goal, one even said he would eat their hat if he did. CMS is a top top player and will be a massive player somewhere, but it wont be at W12.

Comment

i liked what i saw last night but in all honesty.. in the prem the defenders wont let him get near the ball. i mean MK dons defenders was shocking when knocking it about at the back.

i do like his ethic and would sign him IF the price was right.

EDIT:

actually having him and mackie will be very good for our work rate and i suspect if we are to do well next year it wont be through 'pretty football' we will want to hussle and work defences
                            Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                            Lovejoy: "No?!"
                            Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                              I agree its a big step, but many people on here said that Jermaine Beckford would never make it in the PL and that he would never score a goal, one even said he would eat their hat if he did. CMS is a top top player and will be a massive player somewhere, but it wont be at W12.
                              If I'm being honest, I've not seen much of CMS, but saw a lot of Beckford. I really rated him and would have loved him at Rangers. I always felt he'd go on to play in the Prem. He had great movement, could score a goal from anywhere in and around the area, as well as from distance. Good in the air, quick and confident.

It sounds like CMS has similar attributes, but apart from only seeing him a couple of times against us, I'm not in a position to really judge.
                              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Working...
                              X