Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less than 10m for transfers..

According to the mail article

QPR's board also look set to launch their first season back in the top flight on a shoestring budget after discussing making no more than £10million available for new signings and setting a pay ceiling of just £15,000 a week
    Have to say that is absolute peanuts in the Premiership and I have us as nail on certs to go down next year. £15,000 is just a bit more than Blackpool pay.

Looks like once again our owners are trying to do it on the cheap and all their talk about spending to ensure we stay up was hot air. :strive:
    Now, Then, Forever
    [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Originally posted by qprjames View Post
    According to the mail article

Have to say that is absolute peanuts in the Premiership and I have us as nail on certs to go down next year. £15,000 is just a bit more than Blackpool pay.

Looks like once again our owners are trying to do it on the cheap and all their talk about spending to ensure we stay up was hot air. :strive:
    If the mail is right & we have 10m to spend, that will be the biggest transfer kitty i've ever known us have in the 35ish years i've been a fan!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brockworth_R View Post
      If the mail is right & we have 10m to spend, that will be the biggest transfer kitty i've ever known us have in the 35ish years i've been a fan!!
      Same as for me, but times have changed massively since we were last in the Premiership. Afraid that is nothing. We will need to spend a minimum of 5m on two good strikers to that doesn't leave much to improve the defence and midfield does it!?
      Now, Then, Forever

Comment

I have been saying all season that if we get promoted, we would do the same as Burnley and Blackpool did when they were promoted and if the reports are true, that looks like we are going to do. There have been so many people fooling themselves that the club will be spending big, but the only people who will be spending big are the fans for their ST's.

Comment

It will be less than 5 IMO

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
            I have been saying all season that if we get promoted, we would do the same as Burnley and Blackpool did when they were promoted and if the reports are true, that looks like we are going to do. There have been so many people fooling themselves that the club will be spending big, but the only people who will be spending big are the fans for their ST's.
            I think your right. The fans will end up paying top dollar without the full backing off the board.

I'm not asking them to go crazy but the owners said they wan't us to become an established side in the prem(like stoke) yet they think they can do it by spending very little money.

Person I feel most for is Neil as they expect him to deliver miracles without their backing.
            Now, Then, Forever

Comment

Forgive me for being stupid...but aren't these the same papers that said we were going to be deducted 15 points?

So far... we have been linked to 30+ players already....3 different managers and if you believe ****ter...boardroom take over by a Mongolian Nomadic Dwarf community.

Also - i have read that we have a war chest from between 1 Million to 40 Million....How do they know?Unless they are getting direct quotes from NW or GP and that wouldn't happen.

Comment

well

well even if we had no money to spend i would still back warnock to jkeep us up,our defence is going to take some team to destroy,ok i know we are no man utd but that dosnt mean we cant do really well and i think if warnock could get in five new faces we could even lift the fa cup,as a club we have never had big money to spend,an yet the last time we went up we survived for 13 seasons so lets hope this time we can survive 15 seasons or more
                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Unless Pinky and Perky go and the Mittals take over, it could be a good time to sever ST ties with QPR FC, as it looks like we will be paper weights and follow their progress on football first, MOTD and going to away games.

Comment

Same as for me, but times have changed massively since we were last in the Premiership. Afraid that is nothing. We will need to spend a minimum of 5m on two good strikers to that doesn't leave much to improve the defence and midfield does it!?

I know what your saying & your right, but i'll be surprised if we spend any where near 10m to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                      Forgive me for being stupid...but aren't these the same papers that said we were going to be deducted 15 points?

So far... we have been linked to 30+ players already....3 different managers and if you believe ****ter...boardroom take over by a Mongolian Nomadic Dwarf community.

Also - i have read that we have a war chest from between 1 Million to 40 Million....How do they know?Unless they are getting direct quotes from NW or GP and that wouldn't happen.
                      Somebody hasn't taken their chill pills this morning.

Thats the 3rd time I've seen an article saying we don't have more than 10m to spend and the other day Warnock said that he hopes to have a 'bit more than 2m'.

The whole point of a message board is to discuss things like paper articles. If its substance is right or wrong nobody really knows but you can discuss it
                      Now, Then, Forever

Comment

If you go by what Mittal has actually said when interviewed, its along the lines of there being high expectation in the premiership and not wanting to embarrass us, or themselves. These are proper business people, obviously not going to throw silly money at us in a man city kinda way, but they have a reputation to protect and live upto.

Comment

Paul is talking sense for once.. I fear what he says could be true.
                          Maybe the owners want the 60 mill then further 48 mil parachute monies, and do a WBA and be a yo yo club but in good finance.

Comment

Providing that £10m doesn't include signing on fees and wages, it isn't a bad figure. There are plenty of top quality free agents available out there this summer. Upson, for example, Bothroyd another.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                              Paul is talking sense for once.. I fear what he says could be true.
                              Maybe the owners want the 60 mill then further 48 mil parachute monies, and do a WBA and be a yo yo club but in good finance.
                              Be better then middle table championship club imo
                              http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Working...
                              X