Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why this power struggle is at the worst time YET AGAIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why this power struggle is at the worst time YET AGAIN!

The common theory is if you go up via the play-offs you are at a disadvantage as you're a month behind everyone else in planning and preparation.

So what do we do?

We go and get promoted (albeit thanks to the FA not ruber stamped till the end) yet still make sure we're likely to be well behind the 2 teams who will join us due to a boardroom c0ck contest.

FFS!

So we don't know season ticket prices, who has been released / retained, even who our Manager is or intentions from the club.

I swear this club does it's best to test the supporters and I'm not sure I can take much more of it!

IN WARNOCK WE TRUST
    (In others we have continually been proved right not to!)
    I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Another bloody thread about the same crap! Man up, sound like my other half
    http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Think all the footballing side won't be affected.

The one thing that is on hold is the season ticket prices and they surely cannot go pass next week?

Most people get paid end of month
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

The way I see this is it's better to sort out the ownership now rather than once the season starts. We know Warnock is our manager for the coming year as he's confirmed this week. How do u know we haven't started culling and signing players. It boils down to us not trusting our club due to certain issues in the past.

A call for calm amongst the fans as the best pre season in our recent history is about to start.

Comment

Well. I'd rather they sorted out the crap at this time of the year rather than just before or during the season..... because we've all seen what happens when the latter occurs......

Comment

If you are going to have a showdown about the ownership probably better it happens at the start of the close season than any other time. It is unsettling but its a price worth paying if it leaves us with a board fully committed to the club (no guarantees about that I realise).

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
              Another bloody thread about the same crap! Man up, sound like my other half

But i do sort of agree with him.

Couldn't really celebrate the week after we won the league...wasn't sure on the day, wasn't allowed to have a parade for first triumph in many years...Now not sure who is going to be in charge as manager or in boardroom.QPR is like a soap opera...el dorado...

Comment

I don't think it's a power struggle in the least. I think a friendly discussion about takeovers, and people want to thrash out what their philosophies on theirfirst season in the Premier League.
                Ecclestone's made it absolutely obvious that he wants to sell out and I wouldn't be surprised if he does too. I think Mittal wouldn't mind doing it, but the liabilities are just too monstrous for a team with a piddling little ground.
                I'm sure they are also trying to work out what to do with GP, too....

Comment

Would expect nothing less at Rangers.
                  It's when things are running smooth we all tend to get worried that something must be wrong.
                  Queens Park Rangers
                  NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Perhaps they cannot decide what biscuits to have?

Comment

I am very relaxed regarding the discussions about changes of ownership. I think it will drag on and drag on and in the end Mittal will buy out Bernie. I suppose the change won't happen as quickly as everyone expects, but I would be happy to be proved wrong. While the discussions are ongoing, most likely in a very civilized way, the running of the club will hardly be affected. I think we should count ourselves lucky to have an attractive club where one shareholders is eager to acquire a bigger stake while others are reluctant to sell because they see the value on the up. I wouldn't have worried much. The scenario many other clubs are facing is that of dire financial conditions and complete lack of interest from investors.

We are Premier League and we have Warnock - no reason to worry!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                        Think all the footballing side won't be affected.

The one thing that is on hold is the season ticket prices and they surely cannot go pass next week?

Most people get paid end of month
                        Why do you think that would worry the board? They know that they will sell out the STs at whatever price they wish to throw out and however late they release the prices. Face it, people will moan and moan, but ultimately find the money doing whatever it takes.

If you find the prices too steep, there'll be only one thing to do - DO NOT PAY instead of bleating and bleating about it. This is THEIR club now, we are simply customers and we all know what Flabio thinks of the £20 customers...

Comment

Originally posted by davman View Post
                          Why do you think that would worry the board? They know that they will sell out the STs at whatever price they wish to throw out and however late they release the prices. Face it, people will moan and moan, but ultimately find the money doing whatever it takes.

If you find the prices too steep, there'll be only one thing to do - DO NOT PAY instead of bleating and bleating about it. This is THEIR club now, we are simply customers and we all know what Flabio thinks of the £20 customers...
                          And the customer is always right..ST Freeze please
                          http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

People will have budgeted for a certain amount, by leaving it so long they are taking into account extra pay days, (extra paydays equal extra cash) therefore hoping they can get away with higher prices with not to many people moaning.
                            (What they will not have taken into account though is, holiday season and a good one isn't cheap) equaling less money left over again.

Like DAVMAN said 'Their club now' they can do what they want.
                            Queens Park Rangers
                            NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
                            X