No announcement yet.

Wiping The Slate Clean On Last Seasons Signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenny and Derry were magnificent and without them we wouldnt have finished champions.
    Hill did a good job too although i would of liked Naughton just a shame we couldnt afford him..
    Mackie im not convinced, had a good patch of scoring goals but then so did Agyemang and he is ****
    Hulse was a mistake imo
    Chimbonda,Clarke,Tofas and Vaagen Moen were the strange ones
    Last edited by vblockranger; 18-05-2011, 01:11 PM.

Comment

So we can all agree, most of us know nothing about incoming player's abilities

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
        So we can all agree, most of us know nothing about incoming player's abilities

Comment

Well, I thought after last season that we certainly needed some leadership on the pitch and welcomed the signings of Hill and Derry on a minor scale. However, have to admit that I was surprised how good and how influential they were.

Mackie had a good patch of form that was unexpected that he'll hopefully continue to produce. Thought we could have signed better than Hulse and that's, so far, been proved to be correct.

Who'd be a manager?

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
            Not trying to blow my own trumpet but I remember getting a right slating on here when I stuck up for Hill and Derry signing. Insults were coming in thick and fast but I said they were exactly what we needed. Not gloating and Jeffro even called me up to apologise during the season.
            Definitely not blowing your own trumpet though right?

Comment

Even Neil Warnock had a reputation for hoofball and bully-beef tactics, but he has been quoted as saying (before he came to Rangers): "if they're the type of players you have to work with, that is how you have to play".

I guess what I'm getting at is that put certain players with a reputation for one style of play in a different team altogether and you may well see them differently, or they may play quite differently.

Same goes for the manager.

I think we'll all have a bit more trust in Warnock this summer with regard to new players.

Be nice to Minty

Comment

must say thought they were mediocre, i also thought kenny looked a bit suspect first few games kept spilling the ball, i remember reading the signing of mackie and cursing at my screen when in the office, thought derry would be bit part more for the changing room , i thought hill would be good, and also ref helguson didnt understand why he was on loan to watford when we wee loaning marcus bent!! and i got to admiit i wasnt sure about the taraabt signing , thought h e would be too destructive for team spirit, i suppose all these reasons why im not a football manager, glad t be wrong

Comment

Working...
                X