Wiping The Slate Clean On Last Seasons Signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiping The Slate Clean On Last Seasons Signings

Who like me for example, was not convinced Jamie Mackie would do a great job or that Clint Hill would be none other than a standby

Guess we were all right about leon CVlarke?

I never questioned Helgusson though ........
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

I was sort of, not impressed at first.
    They seek him here.................

Comment

Mackie is an average player with an incredible workrate but lacks ability so I was right about him. The one I got completely wrong was Shaun Derry. I thought he was pants but he was superb and has been my motm choice on a fair few occasions. Deserves a chance in the premiership.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I think everyone was a bit underwhelmed with the palace boys. Whilst we were all expecting the young up and coming talents, we got the old dogs of war. No-one's complaining now though!
        Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Pre season i wasn't that impressed with the mackie, derry and hill signings. Never been so happy to be wrong

Comment

Derry is the one who staggered me. I thought he was finished when Leeds let him go. How wrong I was

Greying barnets don't help perception!!

Comment

Derry and Kenny for me, they both played out of their skins when I thought they might only be bit players.

Derry I felt was past it and Kenny I thought would struggle after his problems at Bramwell Lane
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by qprjim View Post
                I think everyone was a bit underwhelmed with the palace boys. Whilst we were all expecting the young up and coming talents, we got the old dogs of war. No-one's complaining now though!
                Erm - sorry but some of us said the likes of Derry and Hill were exactly what we needed - easy to use the Warnockism now that they would be the bread and butter players - but that is pretty much what I was saying at the time, mainly on the back of my reasoning behing last year's massive drop inb performance after Mahon got crocked. As for Jamie Mackie, I was one of the group that said I had seen a glimpse or two of him and expected him to be a typical Warnock type player so that suited me too. Clarke, well I was as baffled and disappointed as anyone but adopted the same attitude - give him a chance and judge on the facts = Nelly was right, it was a gamble, sadly one that failed but also didn't cost us much (either in terms of finance or promotion prospects).
                The other one which caused a lot of grief was obviously Hulse. I think a lot of us expected him to shine from day 1 and got on his back when it didn't happen. Well I always likened this signing to Helgusson's = not fit but given a decent period of time to get fit and play he could do a decent job. That was proven with H this season and I fully expect that Neil will do similar with Hulse this close season - so I will judge him next Christmas if he is retained.
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                  Derry is the one who staggered me. I thought he was finished when Leeds let him go. How wrong I was

Greying barnets don't help perception!!
                  Nobody expected Derry to perform like he has. Was generally thought his legs were gone.

Warnock has publicly said that he intended Buzsaky to partner Faurlin but he got injured Pre season and Derry stepped up.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjim View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                      Nobody expected Derry to perform like he has. Was generally thought his legs were gone.Warnock has publicly said that he intended Buzsaky to partner Faurlin but he got injured Pre season and Derry stepped up.
                      That's what the gaypalaceultras said - so I personally tended to believe the opposite. To be fair even the Boss didn't expect to get as much as he did out of Derry and Hill - but I don't think he would have signed either of them if he truly believed their legs had gone?
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                        That's what the gaypalaceultras said - so I personally tended to believe the opposite. To be fair even the Boss didn't expect to get as much as he did out of Derry and Hill - but I don't think he would have signed either of them if he truly believed their legs had gone?
                        Warnock intended to play Buz & Faurlin at CM.

He also hoped for the Two Kyle's on the flanks, but we couldn't afford Naughton.

Derry & Hill were worth having even if unable to play every week for their influence in the dressing room.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                          Warnock intended to play Buz & Faurlin at CM.

He also hoped for the Two Kyle's on the flanks, but we couldn't afford Naughton.

Derry & Hill were worth having even if unable to play every week for their influence in the dressing room.
                          All goes to show that our great leader QBP is actually right when he says "things change in football
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Not trying to blow my own trumpet but I remember getting a right slating on here when I stuck up for Hill and Derry signing. Insults were coming in thick and fast but I said they were exactly what we needed. Not gloating and Jeffro even called me up to apologise during the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                              Not trying to blow my own trumpet but I remember getting a right slating on here when I stuck up for Hill and Derry signing. Insults were coming in thick and fast but I said they were exactly what we needed. Not gloating and Jeffro even called me up to apologise during the season.
                              Dazzer, out of 856 quotes from you , law of averages said you'd get summin right looooool

Comment

Working...
                              X