Top Stoke/Man City memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Stoke/Man City memories

In true FA Cup Final spirit, here are some of my memories of watching QPR playing Stoke and Man City (I wasn't there for Jamie Pollock, so I can't talk from memory)

1) Taking about 3,000 to Stoke and seeing Gavin Peacock score 1-0 in the 82nd minute. Absolute bedlam in the away end. Getting stuff thrown at us outside the away end by local idiots was not so fun...

2) Nicky Weaver getting awarded the "Goalkeeper Of The Month" award by Carling, and then seeing him drop two clangers and Kiwomya scored from. We won 3-1 despite being by far and away the second-best team. We laughed.

3) Battering Man City 4-0 in the old First Division in the 1991-2 season. Sir Les got two goals that day. Neil Pointon got sent off. We all laughed.

Any others?

remember sinclair scoring a volley from about 60 yards against man city in our first season down from the premiership,think the game ended up 2-2,that fella Kindkladze terrorised us that day.
    Last edited by uxbridgeranger; 14-05-2011, 02:10 PM.

Comment

beating Stoke 6-0 night game at LR.Stoe brought about 80 ,well may of been less but the ****ers kpet moving about ,so hard to count them.
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Marc Bircham/Akinbiye/Gerry Taggart incident a few years back -- Birch being led to the dressing room for his own safety, and pocketing a small fortune, picking up all the coins slung at him on his way out!!
        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Working...
        X