No announcement yet.

Hammers go to war for Warnock (The Sun)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammers go to war for Warnock (The Sun)

WEST HAM are ready to make an audacious move for Neil Warnock.
    Boss Avram Grant is running out of time with the team bottom of the Premier League and only three games remaining.

Warnock has just taken QPR back into the big-time by clinching the Championship title but Hammers insiders still reckon a deal could be done to lure the controversial Yorkshireman from West to East London.

QPR's promotion is still undecided with the outcome of the FA disciplinary hearing into illegal third-party dealings over the signing of Alejandro Faurlin not expected until Friday.

Warnock is a hate figure among West Ham fans after he considered a personal lawsuit against the club in the wake of the Carlos Tevez affair.

But an Upton Park source said: "Even if QPR did make it into the Premier League, Warnock's still a target.

"He has a fabulous track record of getting teams promoted and the view is that he'd stand a better chance long-term of managing in the top flight with West Ham than with Rangers, because of the relative sizes of the clubs.

"The fans hate Warnock but if he won a few matches and knocked the team into shape would they still hate him or swallow it and back the team?"

Norwich boss Paul Lambert is also on the West Ham wishlist with Grant looking doomed after just one season.

An official move for Warnock would probably have to wait until the summer should West Ham go down.

That made me laugh.

Comment

With what happened to his club, and West Ham?

Work for "The dildo salesmen", as his mate Simon Jordan calls them??

Jesus Christ, there's more chance of Mourinho moving to Barcelona, with Raul as his assistant.
      Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

It's sh1t like this from the usual I'll informed, stupid and lazy journalists that cause people to get worked up about things that are not going to happen.

I seriously wish there were some rules and regulations about what papers are allowed to print. The requirement for a semblance of truth would be a start.

Comment

Working...
        X