The board are their own worst enemy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The board are their own worst enemy

when they took over it was they who talked about us becoming a top 4 premiership team and it was they who said we would be playing in the champions league within 4 years,THEY raised our expectations and now they should face the consequences.today,we took a big step backwards and the board are to blame.we are a small club,i know that and probably are destined to remain in the championship,but why were these false promises made.the board WILL get abuse from fans this season and they deserve it.

I agree, they talked the talk and got everyones expectations levels up, and have failed to walk the walk, badly.

Comment

Sensible post apart from the we are a small club bit.

In my lifetime I have seen us play Man Utd & Liverpool a lot of times,we also have a 35 thousand fan base & were in the premier league when formed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
        Sensible post apart from the we are a small club bit.

In my lifetime I have seen us play Man Utd & Liverpool a lot of times,we also have a 35 thousand fan base & were in the premier league when formed.
        just because we play the teams a few times doesn't mean we are a big club......as for the fan base...doesn't mean a thing if they don't turn up for games.

Comment

We are a year and a half in...judge the board after 4 years and then comment on their 4 year plan.
          1st Game - QPR v Wolverhampton Wanderers on Tuesday 30th October 1979

www.twitter.com/ppledgerQPR

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
            when they took over it was they who talked about us becoming a top 4 premiership team and it was they who said we would be playing in the champions league within 4 years,THEY raised our expectations and now they should face the consequences.today,we took a big step backwards and the board are to blame.we are a small club,i know that and probably are destined to remain in the championship,but why were these false promises made.the board WILL get abuse from fans this season and they deserve it.
            I agree 100% - This boards a joke and will continue to be so for as long as Briatore treats our club as a mere hobby and refuses to put his money where his mouth is. A couple of us had a stand up row with him after the Sheff.Weds game - you'd have thought he'd won the FA Cup such is his lack of ambition - you can count on one hand the number of enjoyable games at LR last season all on the back of false promises.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
              I agree 100% - This boards a joke and will continue to be so for as long as Briatore treats our club as a mere hobby and refuses to put his money where his mouth is. A couple of us had a stand up row with him after the Sheff.Weds game - you'd have thought he'd won the FA Cup such is his lack of ambition - you can count on one hand the number of enjoyable games at LR last season all on the back of false promises.
              the bloke is a w(i)nker:anger:
              WE ARE QPR

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
                totally agree Matthew , all hype so far and no substance when it comes to
                managerial/playing staff, but at least we've got the plushest exec boxes in the CCC even if most are empty on matchdays.

Comment

I agree they should not have given it the billy big biscuit when they came in, but they have spent money. The squad is vastly superior to the one Gregory had when he kept us up (Still don't now how that happened).

We are in no way a big club, never have been and never will be. That does not mean we can't compete in the prem though, Fulham, Reading, Wigan in fact half of the teams in the prem are not big clubs

Comment

nothing false about the price hikes, which started this whole split between us and the board. Booing is unfortunately on the agenda if results go wrong. The extra money raised (£1-1.5m) should be seen to have not been worth the discontent.

Comment

Have to say I disagree with most of the posts on here. THe guys have been here eighteen months and we are now 13 places higher than when they walked in the door. Of course they have ambition. You would not expect them to walk in and say that they are happy to stay in the Championship. They had a plan. Again, four years is not an unrealistic plan to have (although Champions League football is probably a bit far fetched)

Yes, they have made mistakes, but they have been seriously unlucky also, with the likes of Vine and Buzacky being out most of the season.

What has it cost us ? Probably about £200 each extra.

To see my team still in this league and 13 places higher is serious improvment and more than worthy of my extra £200.

THink it is only fair that we acknowledge that all along they have said that they would not do it the CHelsea way so why all the commotion.

QPR fans who moan should really put the last eighteen months into perspective. We could be well facing a season on Division 2 football in August if those guys had not walked in the door. Yes things are not perfect and losers like Paul Merson (who now lives with his mum again) laugh at us but so what.

QPR are moving forward, get behind them and it will not be too long wil they get back to the top tier.

Comment

Conners, please name another club anywhere in the world that raised prices by £100. So all clubs should do it on the basis that they have ambition?

Comment

qprsteve, our club makes a loss every season. FACT
                          We could not continue to lose money the way we were. Thanfully, Briatore walked in the door and saved us.

We are a division one club (in size) playing in the CHampionship. We hope one day to get into the Premiership. As we have similar expenditure to the big clubs, we must pay more per person.

Yes, the board will chip in loads more, however, it is not out of hand to expect the fans to pay their bit.

Maybe CHarlton, Southampton and Norwich would have stayed up if they charged extra for their season tickets ? It would be interesting to now ask their fans what they would pay to get their club automatically reinstated to the CHampionship.

Bottom line, is that QPR fans are getting too greedy. THey need to be far more realistic. THey have come an exceptionally long in way in a very short space of time.

Comment

Let's not forget that since election to the Football League, we've now spent the majority of our time in the top two divisions.

For supporters born between say 1970 and 1982, those memories will involve huge amounts of top flight football. We've finished in the top 5 of the elite division 4 times. Outstripping West Ham, Palace, Fulham and the likes of Reading easily with media figures and journalists also recalling those days.
                            The potential is huge. Something the owners have catastrophically failed to capitalise on.

Comment

Simple,our board are NOT football men and so,do not understand football,hence the crazy appointment of a nobody Jimbo,Wolves went through the same under Jack Heywood constantly changing nobody managers,i spoke to a Wolves supporter who said he knows exactly what we are going through and felt sorry for us,untill we get the board changed that actually understand what it takes to succeed,i'm afraid we will continue to be a laughing stock !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X