View from The Rookery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View from The Rookery

Slightly surreal having to sit on my hands for the whole game yesterday. Watford mate of mine got me a couple of tickets so there were four of us - 2 QPR, 2 Watford. I'd said to my mate we'd keep quiet as it was his name on the tickets and if we had been identified and chucked out he would have been kicked off their database. All pathetic and could have been avoided if we had been given a decent allocation in the first place.
    Funniest song from their "ultras" or whatever the spotty youths call themselves - "Get out of our stand, get out of our stand - YOU'RE NOT WELCOME!, Get out of our stand". PMSL - Can't imagine that one being sung at The Den can you?
    I said to my Watford mates afterwards that I'd found it easier to deal with the QPR goals than I would have done if WFC had scored-it's one thing to smile inwardly quite another to be looking gutted while all around would be celebrating!
    Lot of their fans seemed to have anger-management issues, I'm glad they DIDN'T score because if they had won I do think it would have kicked off massively all over the ground, sadly.
    Always a strange game for me to go to, Watford away. I lived on South Oxhey till I was 25, always more Rangers there than Watford. Both my parents died in that Hospital right next to the ground, so loads of memories. My Dad was also an R (I am 4th generation Rangers) and took me to my first "away" game there nearly 50 years ago, we won 5-2!
    I had a dream a good 30 years ago in which we won the League at Watford, as soon as I saw the fixtures this year I thought "Fck me this could happen".
    Course, I couldn't mention it before-that would have been tempting fate but you know what, sometimes dreams come true.
    The evening was spent pleasantly in "Druids" where we got happily slaughtered watching Chelsea lose 1-0 to Spurs over 6 pints or so, before more beer and a curry and a nice peaceful sleep on the train home.
    Happy days.

Nice 1 Fawny, glad you enjoyed pal.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Good report of as you say a surreal situation to be in...
      We got our Ranger's back!

Comment

if

if surealism is the food of life
        why cant facto find a wife
        hes so good looking
        and does good cooking
        but stay clear when hes got a knife
        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Great report. Ps you must have been slaughtered cause chelsea won 2-1!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            Great report. Ps you must have been slaughtered cause chelsea won 2-1!
            No no no. Chelsea 0 Spurs 1. Chelsea's goals did not count. Ask any of the QPR or Spurs fans who were in Druids last night. They were illegal goals and Harry Redknappppp will be challenging the Premier League for a return of the 3 points.

Comment

Our club probably would've have loved to give over the whole of the Viccy Road end as we did against Brighton in the cup but lots of STHs complained.

The main problem was in the Lower Rous your fans got into seats right next to the family area and suspect one or two were very merry in their celebrations which acccording to some of our fans upset young kids etc.

Comment

Nice on Fawny!
                We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

Working...
                X