Brendon Rogers Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brendon Rogers Comments

Brendan Rodgers admits Swansea have had an "indication" that the Championship play-offs may be delayed if QPR are found guilty of breaching league rules

"We've sort of been given an indication if there was the possibility of an appeal if something happens that... you know.

"I think it's only moved a few days pending the appeal, but it's one where we're delighted to be in the situation we're in and we won't be crying over a few days extra recovery.

Who has given them the indication, this might mean the FA must have discussed with other clubs the possibility of delaying the playoffs.

I dont like this one!
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Hopefully our Lawyers will pickup on this, looks like another case of the fa have pre judged us as guilty, and saying if we appeal the fa's verdict,prepare for the play offs to be delayed by a few days.
      They seek him here.................

Comment

Don't think too much can be read into this. After the Sun story on Friday the other clubs in and around the play-offs are bound to be asking what happens to the fixture schedule if we are hit with a points deduction. The only logical answer is that in that situation the fixture dates would have to be delayed and re-arranged.

Comment

Originally posted by Park Street Ranger View Post
          Don't think too much can be read into this. After the Sun story on Friday the other clubs in and around the play-offs are bound to be asking what happens to the fixture schedule if we are hit with a points deduction. The only logical answer is that in that situation the fixture dates would have to be delayed and re-arranged.

Giving it a second thought I think you are absolutely spot on. The FA have to do it that way.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

The euphoria from yesterday will last for a few more days at least so I will only be taking a positive slant on any story/comment or laugh off anything negative. I will be enjoying this week no matter what.

Comment

Well that backs up what I've heard. The clubs involved have been made aware of alternative play off dates!

Don't think that changes things though! The FA intend to dock points and our legal team are confident that their arguments is too flawed to do so!

Comment

Dock us points? Points we won fair and square on the football pitch?
                WHY? We didn't cheat, we didn't field any player who was ineligible, as I understand it, if there was any wrongdoing, it was off the field of play and only amounts to an administrative error when all's said and done.

If there has to be any punishment at all, then that punishment must fit our alleged crime.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                  Dock us points? Points we won fair and square on the football pitch?
                  WHY? We didn't cheat, we didn't field any player who was ineligible, as I understand it, if there was any wrongdoing, it was off the field of play and only amounts to an administrative error when all's said and done.

If there has to be any punishment at all, then that punishment must fit our alleged crime.
                  Quite possibly the simplest and most concise summary of the whole ridiculous saga that I have read to date.

Comment

Going into administration also has nothing to do with what's been done on the pitch, but points are still deducted.

I'm just hoping that this Smith bloke from The Mirror knows what he's talking about. His are the most positive words we've seen on this whole episode.

I do wish the club would come out and let us fans know that everything is in hand, and they have a strong case. Surely that wouldn't be construed as 'leaking' information, would it?
                    Last edited by Minty; 01-05-2011, 05:29 PM.
                    Be nice to Minty

Comment

Because the FA & FL have a back-up set of play-off dates in the eventuality that we lose points does not mean they have already decided to dock us points. Both those organizations would be extremely incompetent (OK, I know they already are) if they did not have this contingency. Indeed, if they did not have an alternative set of dates ready, 'just in case', the other clubs in the play-off/automatic shake-up could rightly accuse the FA of pre-judging the case in QPR's favour by not even contemplating new dates would be needed. In what is a terrible mess of a situation passing such information on to other clubs, while exasperating to us, would only seem logical and fair to the teams that are preparing for the play-offs. If you were in say, Reading's, situation you would want to know what plans were being made.

I am hopeful though that we will have a good week in court and it doesn't come to this.

Comment

Working...
                      X