Why didn't the players come back on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't the players come back on?

And why didn't they present the trophy? Great shame as it was a rocking atmosphere. Watford seemed really health and safety conscious though trying - v unsuccessfully - to stop fans running on the pitch. Comical scenes of stewardds accidentally tackling each other rather than fans. Silly as there was no threat of violence, all good natured. Just hope there is nothing sinister in the trophy's absence....

The Watford players were waiting to come back out on the pitch hence the reason why our players never probably came out it was their last home game off the season.

Comment

Prob pissed of with the fans who harassed warnock

Comment

The local Watford paper stated that both clubs agreed that we would not present the trophy today as we have one more home game to come. They both agreed that we would have time to enjoy ourselevs then they have there last home game thing

Comment

Originally posted by maccatwo View Post
          The local Watford paper stated that both clubs agreed that we would not present the trophy today as we have one more home game to come. They both agreed that we would have time to enjoy ourselevs then they have there last home game thing
          Good news for me as I couldn't get a ticket for today but bring on next Saturday!:impatient:

Comment

Also, last season Palace made a big thing of the Tiger Cub walk and got everyone applauding the walkers.
            Why didn't Watford do the same?
            Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

The Watford fans had buggered off before the players even came back. Great support that is lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BuzsakyIsGod View Post
                The Watford fans had buggered off before the players even came back. Great support that is lol.
                Maybe they needed to go and watch the Spurs/Chelsea game..

TBH I'm not too fussed about you invading the pitch as we'd all do it but I know a few are hacked off with OUR club for letting so many QPR guys in the home end..but you'd have to be pretty dim to not know that was going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                  Also, last season Palace made a big thing of the Tiger Cub walk and got everyone applauding the walkers.
                  Why didn't Watford do the same?
                  I met someone from the Tiger Walk on the way in, and he told me that they arrived in Watford at 2pm. They had the chance to go on the pitch in front of an "empty stadium" or go to the pub for a beer.

"There was a unanimous vote for the pub", he said.

So that's sorted then.

Comment

Originally posted by Markthehorn View Post
                    Maybe they needed to go and watch the Spurs/Chelsea game..

TBH I'm not too fussed about you invading the pitch as we'd all do it but I know a few are hacked off with OUR club for letting so many QPR guys in the home end..but you'd have to be pretty dim to not know that was going to happen.
                    But Mark not having a go at you but can you plse explain to me why Watford gave us such a small allocation? There seemed to be one small stand just to the side of the press box that was entirely empty. Any club that is about to clinch the title are going to have a lot of fans wanting tickets. In fairness to Watford fans thought they were friendly and sportsmanlike to all of us making a noise in the Rouse stand. Re the pitch invasion I didn't do it myself but it was entirely good natured - think it was a bit "health and safety" obsessed to make all those announcements against it.
                    Anyway thanks to the Watford fan who bought a ticket for me on his season ticket! Good luck next season

Comment

Well save it for loftus road!!!
                      Games until premiership end:35
                      current position:12th

Comment

The East stand is condemmed so out of action and would be re-built if we hadn't wasted the money on certain flops like Ellington!

I suspect the club didn't want to annoy those few STHs in the Vicarage Road end by asking them to move for one game but how they'll be getting complaints from fans in the Rookery and LR!

That don't run on the pitch sutff is always read out at games of today's nature..and actually how many get arrested in mass pitch invasions?
                        Last edited by Markthehorn; 01-05-2011, 12:34 AM.

Comment

The East stand is condemmed so out of action and would be re-built if we hadn't wasted the money on certain flops like Ellington!

I suspect the club didn't want to annoy those few STHs in the Vicarage Road end by asking them to move for one game but how they'll be getting complaints from fans in the Rookery and LR!

That don't run on the pitch sutff is always read out at games of today's nature..and actually how many get arrested in mass pitch invasions?
                          Exactly, I didn't see anyone get arrested and rightly so.

Re the stand fair enough if its been condemned - must admit no offence as our ground is not exactly state of the art but that whole side of your stadium looks pre war and non-league. There must have been another 2/3000 Rangers fans who would dearly have loved to come today. Don't know why Watford didn't say for what afterall was a meaningless fixture for you guys "plse move for this one game, we'll even throw in a few hot dogs or whatever, and it will earn our club 50/70,000 thousand towards re-building that stand."

Have to say that if Watford fans were upset by Rangers fans I apologise - I wouldn't condone anyone being violent or threatening etc - but a fair share of the blame lies with Watford administrators for not getting to grips with the ticket situation last week.

Comment

Originally posted by alexferguson60 View Post
                            I met someone from the Tiger Walk on the way in, and he told me that they arrived in Watford at 2pm. They had the chance to go on the pitch in front of an "empty stadium" or go to the pub for a beer.

"There was a unanimous vote for the pub", he said.

So that's sorted then.
                            Just to cinfirm that this is the case- went to a pub in Watford Heath before the final push onto the ground- most well earned pint EVER! can I also say that Watford must be the highest point in the south of england- the whole 6 hours were bloody uphill!!
                            RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

I was in the Watford end, I was very well treated
                              Kept the faith!

Comment

Working...
                              X