Can someone clear this up plse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone clear this up plse?

OK have now read through the Sun, Mail report etc. This, I think, is the nub of it: the FA officials are quoted (off the record) that our crime was to break third party ownership rules - however QBP and Nodge, I think, have argued that these rules were not in place at the time we signed Faurlin and that when they did come into force we then signed Faurlin outright, thus preventing it being a problem. There was one small period where we did break the rules (it is, I think widely agreed) which covered six games during which Faurlin played 30 minutes.

So the key question is when did the ownership rules change - can someone post a link to an FA website or some other reputable source which shows that these rules were not in place when we signed Faurlin. If this is not the case then it does indeed look as if we don't have a leg to stand on.

It was not in place when the rules for 2009/10 was first published in May but a later publication was promogated around mid July on third part interests/ownerhip. So the club would have been in conflict, so prior to the season starting why was this not piacked up by the club. Plenty of time I would suggest. Of course if as alleged we went with a case of admission and corrected it very quickly then it will count in our favour. So a fine of size to be determined unless of course we were not the first to pick it up and tried to lie and cover tracks. Then the fine gets bigger and perhaps worse.
    Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Yes, think it could be the alleged cover up (no idea if true or not) that could be most damaging. If that's thrown out I'm less worried.

Comment

There is also the fact that Steve Claridge said on TFLS that the Football League sanctioned the transfer, so if anyone is reprehensible it would be them.
        Be nice to Minty

Comment

The club did pick it up at the start of the season and asked the FL what they had to do to stay within the new rules.
          FL passed it up to FA.
          Feels like our transparency at that point has cost us.
          I wonder how many other clubs are in the same situation but haven't asked for advice, so are getting away with it? For the moment at least.
          I wouldn't mind betting there are a few interested and very nervous spectators.
          Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Working...
          X