Bit of transfer gossip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit of transfer gossip

Just been told by someone who knows people at Brighton we are in advanced talks to sign Glenn Murray on a Bosman. Guy that told me isn't the kind to indulge himself in wind ups but I am skeptical.

To be fair have not seen much of Murray this season and I am told he is much improved both in terms of fitness and ability but from watching him in the past he is slow, has not even a basic understanding of the off side rule and has poor control. All in all should fit in well. On plus side he never stops trying and is a good old fashioned lump who causes problems just by being there and also seems to have developed a good shot.

I remember one goal where he took the ball, miscontrolled it, hit defender, bounced back to him, he ran onto it mishit it, it then came straight out to him and went in off his knee. Summed him up well at the time (2-3 years ago). Not great ability but just keeps going.

Would say nowhere near Premiership but as a freebie Championship why not?

As Kelvin McKenzie famously said: "Doesn't make my **** stand on end..."

Comment

Are you describing a slow Agyemang? Why would we want someone like that?
      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

We wont be in the championship !!

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
          Are you describing a slow Agyemang? Why would we want someone like that?
          I can see Warnock liking his attitude. Would fit in well with likes of Derry and Hill.

If he has improved as much as people say he has maybe worth a freebie punt but remain to be convinced he would make it in Premiership. I have a mate who is a season ticket holder there and prior to this season nicknamed him Cart Horse.

He was unsettled and looking to move back North but has been making right noises since that period and knuckled down. Would be surprised if London was far enough North if he is still hankering for his flat cap and wippet.

Comment

Preparation for our League 1 campaign following our FA enforced relegation??? Would be the only explanation for signing someone so pony.

:o)

Comment

they cannot force us out, they cannot relegate us, I have been talking about this for weeks, geez h christ people, they do not touch champions, we are safe as houses.
              Really I am fed up with your quitter's mentality. Enough already. ITK and all that, please

Comment

FA are to send QPR team to Syria in Isreal kits to protest for a dya.If they are shot they are innocent of all charges.If survive are guilty and will be put in the blackwater and dengie youth league.
                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

rather andy murray!!
                  you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X