Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adel as an out and out striker, what are you thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adel as an out and out striker, what are you thoughts?

I think he would be good at this role, instead of lumping it up to him you play to feet, he has the ability to hold the ball up like no other.

His ability to retain the ball would give a four man midfield( plus one holding midfielder) time to get up and support him.

With any luck we will have a better quality of player next season with the ability to pass too feet, it's the ultimate role for a guy like him, almost Rodney Marsh like more than Bowles.

next season we can't afford to play the system we are currently playing but need quality players like this man in our team and must find a way to accommodate him, I think this might be the way?
    Kept the faith!

No, adel can play left or right wing, and go up the middle, he needs a roaming role. who is gonna pass to him as an out and out striker? looks like he has to pass to himself, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
      No, adel can play left or right wing, and go up the middle, he needs a roaming role. who is gonna pass to him as an out and out striker? looks like he has to pass to himself, eh?
      ?? Anyway, my point was hopefully we will sign players with the ability to pass the ball to him further up the field, playing up front on his own he would be roaming across the frontline.
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
        ?? Anyway, my point was hopefully we will sign players with the ability to pass the ball to him further up the field, playing up front on his own he would be roaming across the frontline.
        no way anybody can pass the ball better than him, this boy is our Zidane.

Comment

Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
          no way anybody can pass the ball better than him, this boy is our Zidane.
          I am hoping we get players of equal passing ability, if not then you are correct he couldn't play that role, but with better players I see him more like our Messi, on the end if moves, and even further up the field it takes away the need to cover him defensively?
          Kept the faith!

Comment

I think people ask too much of attacking players, they have to track back, tackle , head, I am sorry but I do not remember seeing Lineker and gerd muller doing that.
            remember when they said Hoddle was a luxury player because he was slow and couldn't tackle? Hoddle could place a 40 yard pass on your right or left foot, he was that good.

Juninho, juan roman riquelme, all geniuses, split you open in two seconds, but if you expect them to tackle forget it. If our guys have to cover adel, they have to do it. end of.

Comment

Working...
            X