** qpr to make move for zico! **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** qpr to make move for zico! **

BRAZILIAN legend Zico has emerged as a shock candidate for the vacant QPR manager's job.
    Club co-owner Bernie Ecclestone is planning talks with the South American superstar although former Ipswich boss Jim Magilton remains favourite for the post.
    He has been in negotiations for the past few weeks - but he is also attracting the attention of Aberdeen. Rangers are stalling on an appointment until they have spoken to CSKA Moscow boss Zico (above), who as a player was likened to Pele and fired 52 goals in 72 games for Brazil.
    The 56-year-old has previously managed the Japan national side and Turkish giants Fenerbahce.
    It is not the first time QPR have set lofty ambitions - they tried to recruit Zinedine Zidane as boss in 2008.

If true good news

Comment

Don't see it as good news personally, although I don't actually know much about him as a coach he's never managed in the CCC and for me experience of the CCC and all that entails is very important and how they play footbal is as well which are two big things in Jims favour and is why I'm not quite so anti Jim as many on here are. I would prefer Magilton or De Canio over him. I'd actually lke a hybrid of Magilton and LDC.
      Last edited by qprgentina; 31-05-2009, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Awful news if true, not what we need.

Comment

spot on argentina

Comment

WOULD

WOULD PREFER A MAN WITH some championship experience TBH

Comment

Would he bring Dunga with him?

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
                WOULD PREFER A MAN WITH some championship experience TBH
                spot on mate:waaaht:
                WE ARE QPR

Comment

Makes me laugh really people are screaming out for a big name (Pete is convinced it will put bums on seats - I'm not!), yet what we need is a Magilton, Boothroyd or Pardew. They may not be everyones cup of tea but its what you need to get promoted.

Zico is is a massive name but could he do a job? I don't think so what the fook does he know about the CCC.

And might I add it is an absolute ridiculous rumour in the first place.
                  Last edited by W12_Ranger; 31-05-2009, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Who? I've personally never heard of him :shame:

Comment

Originally posted by Cait. View Post
                      Thats cause you are a young-un!

Comment

Originally posted by Cait. View Post
                        your too young to remember him,HUGE star for Brazil in his time,he would be in his mid fifties at this stage.would be a great coup for the club.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew View Post
                          your too young to remember him,HUGE star for Brazil in his time,he would be in his mid fifties at this stage.would be a great coup for the club.
                          Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                          Thats cause you are a young-un!

Ah right I thought it would have been that.

Comment

i'll beleive it when i see it........i bet after all this we'll end up with calderwood or cotterill !! but i do think zico would be a good appointment though

Comment

Originally posted by churchy View Post
                              i'll beleive it when i see it........i bet after all this we'll end up with calderwood or cotterill !! but i do think zico would be a good appointment though
                              I am interested know why?

Comment

Working...
                              X