Will Routledge click it at the PL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Routledge click it at the PL?

Routledge has played for 8 clubs and most of his appearances have been at the 2nd tier. Do you think he will click it with us in the Premier League?
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

He'll do a job for us. We're up and coming, and Wayne seems to be comfortable here. Let's be fair, he's been fairly unlucky at previous clubs, and isn't the mercinary some make him out to be. He's just been at clubs where they've had a better player, and unwilling to sit and collect his paypack, he's moved on to earn his cash. We certainly won't be buying players like Aaron Lennon and Ashley Young any time soon, so Wayne will get game time, and I'm sure he'll be important for us.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

I belive WR, Mackie & possibly Buzz can fight out the right midfield position between then and that's god enough competition in that area in the Prem. Its 3 defenders, a midfielder and 2 forwards I'm more worried about.

Comment

I don't like Buzz on the wing although we did tend to play him out there quite alot.

Buzz should be seen as cover for adel and should play more of an attacking midfield role just behind Helguson. Its a shame he has only played on the wing or in the middle of midfield which doesn't suit his game IMO
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Routledge for what it is worth is a very good crosser of the ball. Unfortunately WR seems to have a massive issue with getting the ball under control which for me says him along with Tommy Smith will not do a job in the PL.

Comment

He will have to do a job in the Premier League for us because I don't think we will be bringing in anyone of a higher standard.

Comment

I suspect not.

He always seems to start well at a club, then fade.
              Newcastle, Aston villa, Tottenham, Cardiff......
              QPR ? Twice ? (He's been average last few games)

I hope he proves me wrong, as dependant of the Adel situation, we may need someone with his trickery.

But in my mind wingers generally have a fairly short shelf life. (Baring Giggs). It doesn't take defenders long to suss out which way the wide man favours and force him the other way. Thus lessening his impact.

Comment

Working...
              X