Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Paddy Kenny SOng?

Anyone find it offensive?

Okay it has the words charlie in it, but its not aimed at the keeper, more the fact he is having a party and we bring the vodka and the charlie?

Some are offended by it, just wondered the majority view

It goes Paddy Kennys "having a party, bring your vodka and your charlie..."
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

I'm not bothered -- I wonder if he's happy with it?
    I can see why some would be offended -- but compared to some of the stuff that's sung, it's no worse than a lot of songs, and better than a few.

I'd be more bothered if he himself wasn't happy with it.
    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Tongue in cheek where's the harm?

Comment

As long as Paddy don't mind nor do I. I do find the "we got Matt Connolly you shag your family" really cringworthy though it has not been sung for a while.

Comment

Got an earful for singing it
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I have heard from someone who has talked to Paddy that he hates the song
            Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

It's obviously offensive. He was banned from football ...remember? I'd expect the opposition to sing this song but not the home fans - I find it very odd.

Comment

Paddy doesn't like it and is not really appropriate when there are thousands of kids in the stadium either.

Comment

Perhaps time to stop singing it, then?

Comment

Why not change it to something more family friendly

Paddy kennys having a party. Bring your bovril and your smarties

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Planet View Post
                      Why not change it to something more family friendly

Paddy kennys having a party. Bring your bovril and your smarties
                      I get this feeling he wouldn't be desperately happy with that, either!

Comment

I never take my own Vodka or yayo to partys I just ponse everyone elses so no not a big fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                          Paddy doesn't like it and is not really appropriate when there are thousands of kids in the stadium either.
                          Says it all, if the guy we are trying to support doesn't like it why do it. It would be different if he was an away keeper or he liked it.

It was sung a lot at the Barnsley game and his daughter was in the stand with us all
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I don't find it offensive, but I think it must be tough on him that he's got through that, come to a new club, been outstanding, and yet he can't escape that element of his past.

Personally, I think his endevours this season are deserving of a better song
                            A blog of my first season ticket, and QPR's return to the Premiership after 15 years

Where Were You When We Were S4!T?

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
                              I don't find it offensive, but I think it must be tough on him that he's got through that, come to a new club, been outstanding, and yet he can't escape that element of his past.

Personally, I think his endevours this season are deserving of a better song
                              For £15k a week or whatever he earns, you can sing whatever the **** you want at me.

Comment

Working...
                              X