Big Dave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Dave

Couldn't trap a bag of cement. The first touch of a rapist.
    First game ; QPR 1 Bolton Wanderers 3, Saturday 2nd December 1978.
    Parkes,Clement,Gillard,Hollins,Howe,Shanks,Eastoe, Francis,Harkouk,Busby,McGee

Must admit when you see Dave come on as our "game changer" you really do wonder how we ever got to be top of the league... Got to hand it to Warno that he has done this well with average players like that yet Dave Jones can't do it with all his embarrassment of riches.

Comment

I know you cant win them all but i do think the biggest mistake last night was taking adel off. He was being man marked so thats a player out of the game for them. Plus he was getting away from in every few. If we really really wanted 3 points surely he could of taking derry off and chucked on miller or buz????
      http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
        I know you cant win them all but i do think the biggest mistake last night was taking adel off. He was being man marked so thats a player out of the game for them. Plus he was getting away from in every few. If we really really wanted 3 points surely he could of taking derry off and chucked on miller or buz????
        It was a mistake to leave him on as long as he did IMO did nothing in the 2nd half, we effectively played with ten men! Should have brought Buz or Miller on much sooner!

As for Aygemang, he trys but he's bloody useless! How he is brought on ahead of Miller or Hulse I will never know!

Comment

Dont knock dave. I'd rather have him on the pitch than hulse. Top lad.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrotter View Post
            Dont knock dave. I'd rather have him on the pitch than hulse. Top lad.
            A really nice guy yes,but not good enough for us

Comment

Thought this thread was a FAO for me at first and when i read 'Couldnt trap a bag of cement' i still thought it was for me!

Comment

Don't think Dave is that bad he has got a poor touch but is fast and causes problems for defenders because of his height (Derby away for example). All our other strikers are lame at sprinting apart from Miller but he could do his hamstrings anytime. Also he is quite skilful not Taarabts level but compared to most of the team.
                Estamos QPR

Comment

well

wel i wished you really were big dan shittu im the geezer that used to sing his
                  name out very loud,i am a personel friend of gianni and i campaigned to get danny back at qpr for so long ive made so many phone calls to gianni

the real big danny shittu could have come on for the last 20 mins and created mayham ,and we would have won the game 1-0
                  Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

i agree i was a bit flummoxed at dave being brought on, but everyone groaned at derby away and he changed the game in the last 2 mins!!! it was a gamble, didnt come off this time, we'll get there though, apart from kenny and routledge i think everyone was poor, it happens now and then, be totally different on saturday. qprted, still not havin shittu up front lol

Comment

an aircraft carrier turns quicker and scores less often than iain dowie and peter beardsley in a lesbian club!!
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

@QprTed Big Dan is a legend I used to speak to him at a lot of the games he gave my nephew his shirt aswell. He is one of my fave players of all time he would give his all for the club.
                        Estamos QPR

Comment

ref the comments about dave i agree , i always feel when he comes on that we are giving up on getting a goal, he comes under the bracket of "lucky to be a footballer" in my eyes, i thought we made the wrong substitutions yesterday , felt we should og gone 4 4 2 get buz on , we took wayne and tarabaat and had no creativity to supply 3 out and out front men, really really nervous now

Comment

Working...
                          X