What's wrong with our fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with our fans?

I have noticed many times that our fans are not vocal and most of the time quiet despite being top of the league. Can't really see a convincing reason. Yesterday I expected singing and chanting being a promotion game, but again the fans were disappointing. Hope that thigs change in the premier league.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Fans are nervy.

We sing when we are winning.

Its such a dream for many, they won't celebrate until its set in stone.

Must admit Derby made more noise than us and they only had about 200 fans. As for the scarf idea, it would have worked if we had scored. Derby themselves took advantage of the idea, without any embarrasment of twirling or holding their scarves and showed us how to do it.

It feels to me sometimes we are embarrassed to celebrate our success (not just with scarves or chanting).

I guess because its been so long, many want to wait until its secured.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

also

also clubs have differant types of fans,millwall may well be the worst behaved in the football league but there fans are also the most vociferous,our fans have always been much the same as chelsea very loud when things go our way but as quiet as mice when its all very boring on the pitch,if adel had scored that incredible strike ,our fans would have took the roof of the stadium

also pete ill adress you in this next sentance i wasnt at the game and was watching in a pub,and some of the qpr fans seemed very loud on the television
      especially in that first 30 minutes,so its wrong to think that we were outsung by derby because on the tele i never heard them sing once

but the south affrica road stand is the worst stand for singing they sing less than anyone
      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

People in front of me kept glaring at me whenever I sang last night. Most disconcerting. One of them looked a proper geezer too, but he was mute for the game, and left early. Puzzling
        A blog of my first season ticket, and QPR's return to the Premiership after 15 years

Where Were You When We Were S4!T?

Comment

I thought R block and Q block were rocking for large parts of the game. SA Road stand looked to be dead.
          Couldn't see the X block etc

I stood the whole game and sang all game. But i was up the back with only the Sky cameraman behind me thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
            People in front of me kept glaring at me whenever I sang last night. Most disconcerting. One of them looked a proper geezer too, but he was mute for the game, and left early. Puzzling
            same thing for me n a few others..

one lad tried to sing captain jack and then another group started singing "your not captain jack" whilst he was half way through.

i get that there is one person who sings captain jack but in reality last night the atmosphere and support was dire.
            Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
            Lovejoy: "No?!"
            Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Nerves are beggining to set in. As soon at it is confirmed we will make some proper noise.

Comment

had the debate many times, but often I don't think we were quiet. Away fans always make more noise per person.

Still need to move the kiddies area. I think home fans in lower school next season might be good too. I will definately sit there often.
                twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Easy to critisize when you watch on some dogdy football channel in the middle east..
                  DId you ever stop to think we might be nervous and if it wasnt again for Paddy we may have lost!!

Comment

The singing last night was better than for a lot of home games this season -- we have been like a morgue at times at home!

Away games are far better for singing -- everyone's together and we just make a hell of a din. It's one of the reasons I love away games so much and work a lot of overtime, doing tutoring, to pay for them.
                    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

it's the tension.
                      after we get the three points
                      they will be loud enough.
                      just don't sing
                      just can't get enough.

Comment

Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
                        it's the tension.
                        after we get the three points
                        they will be loud enough.
                        just don't sing
                        just can't get enough.
                        What, not sing the delightfully camp Depeche Mode song??!!!
                        (Can't stand it myself -- I'm sure I heard the Derby fans singing it very weakly last night too.)
                        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

nerves, I'm in g block, believe me it would have gone ballistic if we had scored, but like most we knew it was'nt goin to happen
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

got to my seat in R block and couldn't put the it down because of the scaffolding. As a result got moved down to W block and all I could here was the very commited Derby fans who deserve credit for their support. I will never sit down that end again.

Anyway, Saturday is another day. Anyone got any inflatables?
                            WEST COUNTRY RANGER

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
                              Know exactly what you mean, normally i stand at the back rather than where my seat is but there were people who i'd never seen before in there, seemed to be talking to each other throughout the game, probably asking who was who, also were very quiet.
                              So your not the only one puzzled, it was uncomfortable.
                              Queens Park Rangers
                              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
                              X