82/83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82/83

Does anyone remember what game we were crowned champions. Was it the fulhoom 3-1 or the wolves 2-1. I know we got promoted after the leeds game thanks to an own goal by no other than Paul "jose murinhio" Hart. If it was the wolves game im sure that was on May 7th. By the way can you remember where you stood or sat??? In them days i used to venture in the west paddock standing, normally surrounded by away fans in a london derby. Thas where my pure hatred of anything Chelsea came about, being abused and spat at as a 12 year old(nothing changes with them #####). Who else was on the pitch with the feel of the hallowed astroturf under their toes. The R.ss are going

Promoted v Leeds 1-0 then Champions after Fulham 3-1 ! Championi championi

Comment

Remember all those games well. Also stood in West Paddock. Remember being tugged by the bill for winding up Wolves fans outside by pointing to the trophy that was on the front of the programme.
      http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Crikey, remember the program now with the trophy on the front cover. Cheers fella.

Comment

Flanagan Allen Gregory Sealy Hazell Stainrod

It was the first year I had ever been (able to afford to go) to every game, home away and cup (though tbh the cups did not distract us for long that year either!) as was working.

Funny you should mention this now as it reminds me of similar arguments (albeit before message boards) as we are seeing now about ticket allocations. I recall a fair day up at Grimsby of all places for the end day. No silly trophy then but proper **** up. I also recall I knew we'd go up after we spanked Palace at theirs. Similar this year.

Winning it against Leeds this year will depend on the FA. Otherwise we won it at Palace. Never looked back.

Comment

Does anyone also remember playing Leyton Orient on a sunday that year one each if i remember rightly. Never forget John Burridge kept asking the crowd what the time was and him having a puff of someones cigarette. Can't see Paddy doing that, well maybe a Jamacian woodbine he might.

Comment

That was year before - hucker was the keeper!

Comment

Yeah you right mate, silly me. Orient went down that year derr. Burridge was the keeper vs orient 81/82.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post
                  Remember all those games well. Also stood in West Paddock. Remember being tugged by the bill for winding up Wolves fans outside by pointing to the trophy that was on the front of the programme.
                  This one
                  18th August 2011. The day we got our Rangers back

Comment

Originally posted by Brooksie View Post
                    Yeah you right mate, silly me. Orient went down that year derr. Burridge was the keeper vs orient 81/82.
                    Remember Burridge coming out the tunnel on his hands but not sure which game, also remember our reserves winning their league too
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I remember that season so well. Good times

http://footballsite.co.uk/Statistics...iv21982-83.htm

Comment

Was a great season just like this one will be

Comment

Originally posted by Macca69 View Post
                          This one
                          have a lot of programes from my own important games i.e....first ever game in 76/77(and more from that season), highbury semi, 82 final+replay,86 final, man utd 95, games from when my 3 kids first went plus others. also have a lot of my tickets. if anyone knows where i can get a programe from our last promotion to the big league i would be grateful. remember this one so clearly. also looking for the the chelsea one from the 80's with the cartoon type front page with all the snow falling.
                          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team...amTabs=results

and enter season 82/83

Great site for stats

Comment

I remember standing on the Lower Loft (think it was at a time when we stood in the corner, under what is now Q block, before they used it for police etc.) and moving along a few steps up from the gate which led out onto the pitch into that corner.
                              Remember taking photos of the scoreboard saying "Champions" and hearing the crowd shouting that out over and over again, while the Queen song played and the team did the lap of honour with the trophy, and thinking I'd never been surrounded by sound like it, before or since (no, not even Oldham).
                              Just in an absolute daze -- remember that feeling to this day.
                              But I can't remember which game it was!!!
                              Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Working...
                              X