Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radek Cerny

What a professional person this guy is.

Not once all season has he moaned and moped about complaining that he is not the number one keeper at the club.
    Even for the 2 cup games when i was sure Paddy would be given a rest he never hammered on Warnocks door demanding a transfer out of the club.

So much better than that whiney,spoilt little toerag we had as number 2 last season

I'm surprised no team came in for Cerny at any point this season once it was clear Kenny was the number 1. Great pro and he still warms up with a smile on his face
    CHAMPIONS
    Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Thats why NW has said he will offer him a new contract in the summer

Comment

I thought that the other night. As Paddy came out for the second half he gave him a big pat on the back! Good Pro! Hope we keep him next season he is excellent backup!

Comment

You can't blame Camp really, he's been one of the top Championship goalkeepers again this season and is young unlike Cerny who has little to prove now. Camp needed to get himself out there and into the shop window.

Comment

Cerny has a back problem, probably grateful to be pulling a wage. Good for cover and was a better than Camp IMO.

Comment

I like Cerny, so I'm glad that he's cover for Kenny.
              On Julio Cesar...
              Originally posted by Franky Boy
              laughable... but if we pull this off, ill get circumsized

Comment

Good post and spot on.

Ultimate professional.

Comment

Sorry but Camp was a whingey little p.rick.You train hard day in and day out and hope to get your chance and take it.He just demanded to be number one and no professional has the right to do that,you need to earn it.

Hope he enjoys another year in the Championship

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelQPR View Post
                    Sorry but Camp was a whingey little p.rick.You train hard day in and day out and hope to get your chance and take it.He just demanded to be number one and no professional has the right to do that,you need to earn it.

Hope he enjoys another year in the Championship

It could be argued that Camp had earnt the No.1 shirt with his performances in the previous season.

Cerny certainly did not look a more assured keeper in pre-season than Camp, but even though he wasn't given the No.1 shirt, he was first choice in the opening game.

That's what p£££ed off Camp.

However, Cerny has not complained about not playing this season, but as pointed out, perhaps if he has a back injury he knows he is lucky to still have a contract and get paid well for providing cover to Kenny.

Comment

Ok Camp or Cerny then lads?

Camp for me if I'm honest.

Comment

Cerny had a bad back injury last season which is why we had to loan in toss like Ikeme.

This season he has accepted his position as backup keeper and got on with the job professionally and with a smile on his face. NW has commented how professional he is around the training ground and consequently is offering him a new deal for next season.

He is 37 now, he could leave at the end of the season and take his chances elsewhere or see out his career with us as backup on a healthy wage and then probably a coaching role once he retires.

Also if we hang onto Putnins he would be a great option to mentor him as he starts his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                          Cerny had a bad back injury last season which is why we had to loan in toss like Ikeme.

This season he has accepted his position as backup keeper and got on with the job professionally and with a smile on his face. NW has commented how professional he is around the training ground and consequently is offering him a new deal for next season.

He is 37 now, he could leave at the end of the season and take his chances elsewhere or see out his career with us as backup on a healthy wage and then probably a coaching role once he retires.

Also if we hang onto Putnins he would be a great option to mentor him as he starts his career.
                          I heard he was taking a lot pain killing injections in the back and simply couldn't last the pace of a whole season any more. Might be an exaggeration but would make sense?

Comment

Its not a Cerny versus Camp thread,i was just stating that Radek was the ultimate professional by not knocking on the managers door and demanding to be number one and wanting out if his not.You have to earn your right to be in the team and if your not you fight tooth and nail to get into it,not sulking and whinging around complaining about it.
                            Camp is a decent keeper and loved him when he was here first time around,will always remember his debut up at Hartlepool.However,a player can not dictate what he wants,just hope he sees where we are and thinks to himself if only.....

Comment

Working...
                            X