Am I the only person who.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only person who.....

....is not concerned about English sides not progressing in Europe. I would say I actually enjoy watching them go out!

I would imagine nothing would get up the noses of Messrs Platini,Beckenbaur and,even, Blattner more than seeing English clubs progress in Europe.

Comment

Utd can go out now n Chelsea lose to Barca in the final. Wud be great.

I'm watching Barcelona game, can bet it's much more entertaining than other game. Barcas 2nd goal is very similar to routledge winner vs coventry
      CHAMPIONS
      Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Why do you enjoy watching English sides going out of Europe?

Comment

Always support english sides in the champo league.
          Now, Then, Forever
          [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by The White City General View Post
            ....is not concerned about English sides not progressing in Europe. I would say I actually enjoy watching them go out!
            Cheering on Jonny Foreigner , General?

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
              probably a bitter Jock
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Just seen a chelski fan probably in his 50s wearing a clowns wig - just confirms the General's point. Totally agree with his VIEW.

Nothing funnier that seeing these clubs who constantly give it big when playing smaller clubs in England totally being ripped apart by our European cousins.

Comment

I'd like to think that you are in the minority..

Originally posted by The White City General View Post
                  Quite a sad attitude... I can understand R's wishing Chelsea getting a good tonking but surely other teams are worthy of some level of support? If R's ever get back into Europe then dare say you'd be the first one to complain if fans outside of Stamford Bridge/Craven Cottage hoped we'd lose...

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
                    I rarely watch European football TBH but when I pick up a newspaper in the morning and find out one off our teams have gone out it always brings a smile to my face. The earlier they go the less money they get and eventually hopefully the less attractive the PL will become for foreign mercenaries. What I don't understand is how you cheer on teams you despise domestically. Teams in the CL represent everything I hate about football.

Originally posted by JonDoeman View Post
                    Cheering on Jonny Foreigner , General?
                    Like to see the Germans progress personally

Now who can explain to what benefit 'our' teams doing well in Europe is for the domestic game. Think about it, the clubs themsleves benefit, their fans become bigger w@nk@s than what they already are and the gulf widens between the top clubs and the rest. European football promotes greed, does it really raise the standard of the game because its the root cause behind our progress on the International stage.

Personally love to see all our clubs go out in the group stages of the CL every year, then they might start showing a little respect for the domestic cup competitions again.

So if thats a sad attitude to have then so be it...
                    Last edited by The White City General; 06-04-2011, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ahR View Post
                      Quite a sad attitude... I can understand R's wishing Chelsea getting a good tonking but surely other teams are worthy of some level of support? If R's ever get back into Europe then dare say you'd be the first one to complain if fans outside of Stamford Bridge/Craven Cottage hoped we'd lose...
                      I couldn't give a **** what other fans think about us, what a daft thing to say. Am I concerned that an Aston Villa fan wants to see us go out of Europe...what a strange thing to come out with.

Comment

Its the same teams in, year in year out ,the teams all the long heads support , not for me . Wish them nothiing
                        Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

I bet there loving this game in Mogadishu
                          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

if it tells you anything, it tells you the standard of refereeing in the premiership is the worst in europe, english teams no longer know how to tackle, and they have so many people sent off in europe that wouldn't even get a yellow card, or be penalized for a free-kick in the EPL. Manu , Liv, Arsenal, Chel, get away with murder week in and week out, and when they go to europe, they realize they cannot get away with the BS they pull in England. Simples.

Comment

Working...
                            X