Ineligible Players: Hereford docked 3pts, Torquay 1pt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sprocket View Post
    Sorry, no offence intended but that's ridiculous and would be laughed out of court and Nodge you should know better
    Well if it was done for that reason, noone would ever find out, so no court case!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
      Well if it was done for that reason, noone would ever find out, so no court case!
      The FA do not want and can not afford a lengthy court case and ad to that, who is promoted to the premier league and who is in the play offs the following week, so it is not ridiculous to assume the FA would like to avoid a lengthy legal battle and get it out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
        The FA do not want and can not afford a lengthy court case and ad to that, who is promoted to the premier league and who is in the play offs the following week, so it is not ridiculous to assume the FA would like to avoid a lengthy legal battle and get it out of the way.
        thats what i said paul, if they have done it for the reasons you state, noone will find out and they kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

Comment

Rangers will just appeal if we get a points deduction and it affects us being Champions and going up.

We can take it to the FA Appeals Committee, the High Court, the European Court and then the Courts of Sport Arbitration.

It will totally mess up who plays who in the play offs which starts the following week and even the fixtures which come out on June 18th. This could potentially drag on for months and even the start of next season.

It will be fine. The FA won't want all this.
          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprocket View Post
            Sorry, no offence intended but that's ridiculous and would be laughed out of court and Nodge you should know better
            I know how the FA work!

Comment

Nodge, you seem to be fairly clued up in football matters, after reading the charges against us, what is your personal opinion of the outcome?

Comment

Scarey aspect for me is random disparity betweem punishments for Torquay and Hereford for the same offence??? Gives impression that they ramp up punishment based upon attitude, contrition and such like. If GP bowls in all slick and pompous they'll react badly and chuck us out of the League.

BTW I was looking for this story on Tuesday to find out Torquay's punishment and ended up on Wikipedia entry for Torquay Utd. Wiki must have been violated cos it said Torquay's nickname was "The Reubens"????

Comment

Originally posted by wewillbeback View Post
                  Nodge, you seem to be fairly clued up in football matters, after reading the charges against us, what is your personal opinion of the outcome?
                  Hefty fine.

I do believe thought that the FA will also take the very easy and convenient option of deducting a point or two (to give the perception of looking tough) once it is immaterial to any title/promotion prospects.

Comment

Hope you're right but why would they even contemplate a points deduction that had no bearing on anything i.e. why bother? Wouldn't it just look contrived?
                    http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Nodge, appreciate that, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                        Hefty fine.

I do believe thought that the FA will also take the very easy and convenient option of deducting a point or two (to give the perception of looking tough) once it is immaterial to any title/promotion prospects.
                        Yep that's about it (I hope) and then because we were found guilty for whatever reason, GP goes for being incompetent, which is what a lot of people (even his love children) were saying should happen, if found guilty of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                          Yep that's about it (I hope) and then because we were found guilty for whatever reason, GP goes for being incompetent, which is what a lot of people (even his love children) were saying should happen, if found guilty of anything.
                          Be under NO illusions, if it is only a fine... EVERYONE who defends him will be saying , "why should he go?".. their views will change from now I promise.

If he stays, he pays the fine personally!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                            Be under NO illusions, if it is only a fine... EVERYONE who defends him will be saying , "why should he go?".. their views will change from now I promise.

If he stays, he pays the fine personally!
                            I know but have a look at http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...aladini&page=2

even Pete says "if guilty he should walk."

Was the £3.5m the club said they paid for him ever mentioned in the accounts and if he does go, he needs to replay the loans the club made to him.

Comment

Surely if they go down the route of deducting points, it has to be a ridiculous one like 50 to get us relegated. Any other point deduction and you'll get all the clubs on the FA's case....why X points and not X + 20 etc. Do the FA want all this? No, I reckon we'll get off with a fine.

Comment

I hope the timing of the hearing does in fact mean that the FA will only give a small points deduction (if any) so as not to affect the play-offs etc.

Because on the other hand, they may be thinking of dumping us 'out' of the play-offs.

Sorry for the negativity, but with all the speculation flying about in this thread, surely the above outcome should be considered a possibility, too.

Last edited by Minty; 07-04-2011, 07:01 PM.
                                Be nice to Minty

Comment

Working...
                                X