Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ineligible Players: Hereford docked 3pts, Torquay 1pt

Was Faurlin ineligible at any point?

From what i have read the answer is no,that is not the charge.

Comment

I think by the letter of the charges, it could be argued that he was ineligible from 01/10 - 30/10.
      Last edited by Guest; 06-04-2011, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
        I think by the letter of the charges, it could be argued that he was ineligible from 01/09 - 30/09.
        If that is the case how can the deduct us points THIS season?

Comment

I'm no legal eagle but fail to see anything in the charges that relate to the player's eligibility

Comment

Sorry. Wrong dates for the points tally...
            Last edited by maverick69; 06-04-2011, 04:17 PM. Reason: dates

Comment

The FA have stated that his eligibility was never in doubt -- he was legal for all games he played in.
              Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

What's interesting with the Hereford/Torquay issue is that they have 28 days to appeal. If the same applies to QPR (whatever the outcome) then it brings the possibility of points reduction less likely.

Comment

west ham hereford torquay?

whats the difference premier league team, 1 rule for 1 and 1 rule for another a total disgrace hereford and torquay must appeal.

Comment

I agree. But could either Hereford or Torquay afford a £5.5 million fine?

Comment

Ok. Going on the precident set today - you could argue that the points deduction for fielding an ineligible player is 3 points for a win, 2 for a draw, 1 for a loss.

If he was ineligible from 01/09 - 30/09, he played in the following:

18/09 Bristol City 1-0 QPR
                      22/09 Qpr 0-1 Notts Forest
                      29/09 S'thorp 0-1 QPR

That's potentially 5 points.

Comment

As stated before in a other post the time for this makes me believe that point will not be docked points due to we can appeal and this could have affect on playoff etc depending on the number of point docked.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                          Ok. Going on the precident set today - you could argue that the points deduction for fielding an ineligible player is 3 points for a win, 2 for a draw, 1 for a loss.

If he was ineligible from 01/09 - 30/09, he played in the following:

18/09 Bristol City 1-0 QPR
                          22/09 Qpr 0-1 Notts Forest
                          29/09 S'thorp 0-1 QPR

That's potentially 5 points.
                          ?

Those games were in August 2009 and we drew with Forest anyway.

Either way, its pointless trying to guess whats going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by dpmd View Post
                            If that is the case how can the deduct us points THIS season?
                            Amended - sorry it was Sept 10. Seems so long ago!

This is at the point to where the FA first made the club aware of the perceived discrepancy of the original paperwork re third party ownership of economic rights and the point it was corrected.

Not saying for one minute this is going to be correct but reading the regs and on past cases, it is entirely feasible that the FA would argue this angle.
                            Last edited by Guest; 06-04-2011, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                              The FA have stated that his eligibility was never in doubt -- he was legal for all games he played in.
                              Where have they said that?

Comment

Working...
                              X