We're going in the Record Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're going in the Record Books

Dunno if anyone has noticed but we're oncourse to go into the record books for the most clean sheets in a season in England in all leagues.

The record currently stands at 24, Petr Cech's record in 2004-05 and we currently stand at 22, so 3 more from the 7 remaining games would I think see us break a record.

There are plenty of stats for most clean sheets in a premiership season but if anyone can prove me wrong on a season in any league then fair enough, I looked hard and low and think this is still the stat that covers the premier league and other leagues.

Congrats Paddy and the defence (including Dezza and Ali)

Cech will have played less games, so will need to compare to other divisions with same number of teams maybe.

Wonderful acheivement anyway.
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

That is a truly exceptional record if we do this
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
        Cech will have played less games, so will need to compare to other divisions with same number of teams maybe.

Wonderful acheivement anyway.
        The record is about beating the amount of games with clean sheets so how can the game count be different stupid.

Think about it: Record 22 games, so 22 games to equal it, 23 games needed to beat it. Irrespective of whether there are 1 or 100 teams. (It is the Games count)
        Last edited by 80sCasual; 06-04-2011, 08:02 AM.
        Queens Park Rangers
        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Interesting
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyhg View Post
            Dunno if anyone has noticed but we're oncourse to go into the record books for the most clean sheets in a season in England in all leagues.

The record currently stands at 24, Petr Cech's record in 2004-05 and we currently stand at 22, so 3 more from the 7 remaining games would I think see us break a record.

There are plenty of stats for most clean sheets in a premiership season but if anyone can prove me wrong on a season in any league then fair enough, I looked hard and low and think this is still the stat that covers the premier league and other leagues.

Congrats Paddy and the defence (including Dezza and Ali)
            Great spot sir!
            Kept the faith!

Comment

I thought Swansea had a about 25 last season?

Comment

Superb if true.

25 clean sheets & 100 points thanking you please.

Comment

Originally posted by The White City General View Post
                  I thought Swansea had a about 25 last season?

Comment

We'll smash that record!.
                    Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                      The record is about beating the amount of games with clean sheets so how can the game count be different stupid.

Think about it: Record 22 games, so 22 games to equal it, 23 games needed to beat it. Irrespective of whether there are 1 or 100 teams. (It is the Games count)
                      I think he's saying that if Chelsea had been in a league where each team played 46 games instead of 40 they might have extended their record even further and that their ratio of clean sheets to games played would be higher.

22/40 games = 55% clean sheets
                      23/46 games = 50% clean sheets

Comment

Working...
                      X