No announcement yet.

Loyalty points (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My understanding is it's easier to get loyalty points when you are on good wedge and can afford to travel to away games and have an understanding Mrs and kids that don't care about daddy being away all day on the lash on Saturday's with his mates. Or you are single as a result of the above?

For everyone else, you don't get the points.

Simple as. Sure there are one or two exceptions.

Comment

Systems been in place for the last 2 seasons at least to my recollection!!
      Think it's been the last 3, and everyone thought it was a good idea when it came in, it's just now it matters people moan.

My understanding is it's easier to get loyalty points when you are on good wedge and can afford to travel to away games and have an understanding Mrs and kids that don't care about daddy being away all day on the lash on Saturday's with his mates. Or you are single as a result of the above?

For everyone else, you don't get the points.

Simple as. Sure there are one or two exceptions.
      People have to make sacrifices one way or another, whether it be for the football or not going. I made the sacrifice for my job that I couldn't go so often and fully accept that I risk not getting a ticket.

I can't understand people begrudging the people that have been going all season getting first dibs on the tickets. They've been going all season and as a result have the points, can't understand how people are seeing anywhere past that point.

People may have been going for 30 years and now got kids etc, so can't go as much - my old man's in the same boat and he's of the same opinion as me, he goes to every home game but can only go to the odd away game now days and as a result risks not being able to go to the big games because there are others that are more deserving.

Comment

I understand the point about 'loyalty' and I've raised the question myself (frankly, I've got enough to all I'll have to do is queue in the rain on Wednesday).
        The box office- in my opinion - have once again completely and utterly ****ed up. Why not do Watford a week later after selling Cardiff? There's still more than enough time for tickets etc for both games. Issuing both at the same time is simply stupid. I don't care how many ****ing loyalty points you have - it's still insane (ps. I think if you have a season ticket and apply early enough (or queue) you'll get a Watford ticket)

Comment

Originally posted by alexferguson60 View Post
          I understand the point about 'loyalty' and I've raised the question myself (frankly, I've got enough to all I'll have to do is queue in the rain on Wednesday).
          The box office- in my opinion - have once again completely and utterly ****ed up. Why not do Watford a week later after selling Cardiff? There's still more than enough time for tickets etc for both games. Issuing both at the same time is simply stupid. I don't care how many ****ing loyalty points you have - it's still insane (ps. I think if you have a season ticket and apply early enough (or queue) you'll get a Watford ticket)
          At least they've restricted it to 1 ticket per person.

a system that could work could be 10, 20 or 30 points or however many for supporters that have been a season ticket holder for 5+ or 10+ years. Simple to put in place.

Comment

What about fans like myself who didn't buy all their away day tickets from the box office but purchased on the day? i've got 95 points but i've got games like Ipswich & Hull away that don't appear. Is my loyalty not the same?

Comment

Originally posted by danQPR View Post
              Think it's been the last 3, and everyone thought it was a good idea when it came in, it's just now it matters people moan.

People have to make sacrifices one way or another, whether it be for the football or not going. I made the sacrifice for my job that I couldn't go so often and fully accept that I risk not getting a ticket.

I can't understand people begrudging the people that have been going all season getting first dibs on the tickets. They've been going all season and as a result have the points, can't understand how people are seeing anywhere past that point.

People may have been going for 30 years and now got kids etc, so can't go as much - my old man's in the same boat and he's of the same opinion as me, he goes to every home game but can only go to the odd away game now days and as a result risks not being able to go to the big games because there are others that are more deserving.
              Dan you make a very good case. I wasn't bemoaning the supporters with the loyalty points. They have made their free choice to go to games and are obviously more deserving of the points. Hard to argue otherwise.

Just saying that those with them probably have more disposable income and lesser family commitments than others which comes into play when amassing those points.

So I actually think it's a bit harsh when those with the points start coating off those who haven't and accuse them of not being as loyal. Some of us have work or family commitments that are more important. At the end of the day, we are all Rangers and their shouldn't be rank-pulling.

Comment

Originally posted by yugohoop View Post
                What about fans like myself who didn't buy all their away day tickets from the box office but purchased on the day? i've got 95 points but i've got games like Ipswich & Hull away that don't appear. Is my loyalty not the same?
                the box office always state that tickets must be bought in advance for loyalty points

Comment

Originally posted by alexferguson60 View Post
                  Let's face it whatever the club do they will not please everyone. For once I think they are trying to do the right thing. Issuing both at the same time makes perfect sense especially for those of us that travel 2 hours just to get to a home game!
                  oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by Vish View Post
                    the box office always state that tickets must be bought in advance for loyalty points
                    Yes i know that but sometimes decisions need to be made on the day due to work and general family life, am i supposed to not go to a game because i'm not going to get any loyalty points? There should be a system in place for fans like us to gain maybe half the loyalty points or something to that effect on presentation of proof.

Comment

Working...
                    X