How long have you been a R and when was your first game?..MERGED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    Supported them since the glory years 75-76.

First match at Upton Park and we played in blue shorts and white tops
    Been a fan since 1972/3 - having tried a few other clubs first, so I was a bit of a glory hunter. Only referencing the above post as I used to live in the Upton Park area and I believe that to be my first Rangers game also.

First professional game was WHU v WBA circa 1970/1.

Comment

First game was in the 71/72 season, can't remember who against.

Comment

Originally posted by R.P.Q View Post
        Fair play mate, yeah was invited to that but was working in North Cyprus at the time,Bloke cheers been trying to recall his username,what was yours?

Regards
        Wink
        the otters pocket.ha ha i remember you.do you remember scooby-lester supporter?
        "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
        London Pride is a flower that's free.
        London Pride means our own dear town to us,
        And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

1st game was against west ham in 76 resulted in a 6-1 win.

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
            the otters pocket.ha ha i remember you.do you remember scooby-lester supporter?

The otters pocket lol yeah it was indeed you, top rowdie, all coming back now rasta, yep remember scooby good lad, some good lads all round on SM, bet there are some other former rowdies on here. and when you going to finish that book mate ?

Cheers for the mile down memory lane Lone

Rich

Comment

1st post but long term supporter .Sure i am one of the few who actually saw us play a league game against Accrington Stanley have only missed about 20 games since being introduced to the madness in 1960 as a10 year old when we played said Accrington Stanley i remember they were all bald & ancient & when we scored i was told to look down &close my eyes to avoid Ellerslie rust!!

Comment

Mmmmmmm............
                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

My family can trace their loyalty to the R'ssssssssssss back to 1881, can anyone beat that?

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                    My family can trace their loyalty to the R'ssssssssssss back to 1881, can anyone beat that?
                    a year before they were founded, amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
                      a year before they were founded, amazing

Comment

1972/3 I think lost 4-2 away Derby Baseball Ground

Comment

G.P.C....?????
                          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Did sort of reply to this in the "where you from" post, but oh well,
                            Been supporting QPR since 1973, first game was Sheff Wed in the league
                            cup 2nd round which we won 8-2 !!! so a great introduction to a long life
                            passion.:=B:

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                              I'd never actually thought about it, but I reckon my family can go pretty close. I'm fourth generation Rangers, my Dad's family were from around the Harrow Road area near Droop Street. Before the war he used to go with my Grandad, who had gone with Great Grandad before that. Deffo before 1900.
                              My first game was classic Rangers, v Chesterfield 1961. We were top, they were bottom, we were winning 1-0 at Half-Time and.......................
                              lost 1-2, obviously
                              Went all over the country with my Dad through the years and ironically, in 2002 my first match after he passed away was also v Chesterfield.

Comment

I'm a mere novice compared to some on here!
                                First Rangers' game, October 1968 home to someone.
                                Used to think it was the 8-1 drubbing by Man utd, but, looking back at programmes, that wasn't till later in the season.
                                Only 8 years old, had no idea who we were or who we were playing!!

EDIT* think it was the 2-3 home defeat by Man Utd.???
                                Or maybe the win over Sheff Wed earlier that month? Will have to ask my dad!!
                                Last edited by swanleyhoop; 30-03-2011, 10:20 PM.
                                Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Working...
                                X