How long have you been a R and when was your first game?..MERGED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long have you been a R and when was your first game?..MERGED

Having viewed the various threads on her about who and who doesn't deserve Leeds tickets, and having seen something similar on another messageboard. Its obvious that we've been through some awful times and with the good times set to return emotions are running high.

Maybe a spot of discussion of memories supporting the R's would help lighten the mood on here. How long has everyone on here been a R's fan and what was the first game you went to? Obviously those who dont want to join this thread don't have to but as this is Mad Dogs first post on here he would prefer if you didn't abuse him

R's Supporter for for 16 years first season as a fan was 1995-96 LOL. First game was Brighton away in Dean Wilkins Testimonial at the Goldstone Ground. Gallen scoring after about five minutes before Bardsley spectacularly volleyed into his own net late on in a 1-1 draw.

First competetive game was Oxford away in the league Cup that season Dichios header cancelled out by a Chris Allen strike. Memories since then have been mixed to say the least. Had a season ticket for 8 consecutive seasons from 1998-99 before it became too expensive don't have a ticket for Leeds, will hopefully join the after match party, but have one for Hull where I think we may seal promotion.

Have been supporting QPR for two weeks now,I'm so excited.my first game will be Leeds
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

haha van. Good post mad dog.

My 1st game was when I was 7, so 24 years now mate.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Dedication Van, I Might start supporting QPR, only if they get to the Prem though, I'm going Leeds too. What colour is it QPR play in as I want to make sure I loan the right colour scarf from someone.
        Queens Park Rangers
        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

I supported since I was a boy at school in Wembley.

First game was Cup Final replay in 82 when I was 10. Mum used to work at Wembley so manged to get 2 tickets. It was a wonderful and hideous introduction to watching them live. Still have the red and black flag somewhere.
          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
            Have been supporting QPR for two weeks now,I'm so excited.my first game will be Leeds
            me too. Got 3 seats, 1 for me, the mrs (who doesn't like football) and 1 for the picnic basket

Comment

Seriously though, my Dad had been taking me to Arsenal during the early 70s to get me interested in football, double winning side n all that.
              It was when he took me to QPR v Arsenal in 74/75 in the Arsenal end that was my first game, saw our kit and thought, gotta support them (funny eh). Sod glory hunting.
              Been an R ever since, so 35 years.
              Queens Park Rangers
              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Been an R since 2003 when I saw us in a pre season friendly against Spurs and we won 3-2. My first proper game was against Watford in 2005 and we won 3-1. After that I became a regular supporter. I have no idea why I left it so late to go to a game in a season. I only took the ticket because my brother had a bad reaction to penicillin. He was gutted to miss it lol.

Comment

First game was when I was 5 years old, 26 years ago...
                  Mahal kita QPR

Follow me on Twitter: Filiranger

Comment

Since 1983, first game 1987, lost 2-0 at home to Man U. Cried all the way home to Sweden.

Comment

QPR v Crewe 26/04/2003
                      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

QPR vs Leicester 26th Feb 1977 (1-0)

Comment

grew up in Hammersmith and first went in the early 70's..Stan Bowles was and still is my god :-)

Comment

45 Years First game peterbro at home 0-0

Comment

first set foot inside loftus road in 1976 aged7.....v arsenal in the quarters of the league cup...won 2-1.
                              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Working...
                              X