Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all gone quiet over there.....

.....in the press that is.

But as I know you've all missed my weekly pessimistic post, I just thought I'd point out that "no news" is not, by default, "good news".

The only reason that it's gone quiet is that the Faurlin case is now effectively, sub judice, and therefore the press cannot report anything for fear of getting into legal trouble themselves.

My source informs me that QPR's response to the 7 charges has now been sent to the FA who are digesting what we have said.

But just cos it's gone quiet, don't think the problem's magically disappeared. It hasn't.

Why is it sub judice? It's not a criminal court or even a civil court. It's "only" an FA investigation. The press can freely report.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
      Why is it sub judice? It's not a criminal court or even a civil court. It's "only" an FA investigation. The press can freely report.
      There is nothing to report. We've got 7 charges hanging over us - but the precise details (all the nitty gritty) won't come out until the hearing. Only then will anyone be able to judge on whether or not we shoul be worried.

Anyway, I'll get back on the anti-depressants.

Comment

I heard 6 had been dropped left with only one.
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

[QUOTE=Toni German;562842]There is nothing to report. We've got 7 charges hanging over us - but the precise details (all the nitty gritty) won't come out until the hearing. Only then will anyone be able to judge on whether or not we shoul be worried.

Anyway, I'll get back on the anti-depressants.[/QUOTE]

You might want to try upping the dose Toni.

Comment

Yes, but it's not sub judice - just naff all to report. The press are usually all over all FA/PL/FL investigations. Tevez, Ferguson, Cantona etc etc.... it's just that no-one outside of W12 and a few sad six fingered yellow carrot crunchers actually gives a flying one. Media too busy trying to stitch up Capello, Rio and Ferguson over the past three weeks to care.

Comment

Funny looking f*cker, that Mike Flanagan was.
              Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Pete, re: "I heard 6 had been dropped left with only one."

Where did you hear that ? Local press ? National ? From within the club or elsewhere ?

I recall a local rag suggesting 6 charges were unfounded and could be dropped but I've not heard anything since or seen that confirmed. However, if true, I'd feel much more positive.
                But I'll take nothing for granted until officially confirmed by the FA.

Comment

someone said on facebook yesterday that we will get a 7 point deduction and £150k fine. reality is, no one knows anything. perhaps not even the FA themselves know what they are going to do. lets just sit tight and see what happens.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    I heard 6 had been dropped left with only one.

Which one?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      someone said on facebook yesterday that we will get a 7 point deduction and £150k fine. reality is, no one knows anything. perhaps not even the FA themselves know what they are going to do. lets just sit tight and see what happens.
                      F**k me - we're doomed

Comment

FIne
                        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I'd like to know what judice is?

Comment

Pete, what does "fine" mean ?
                            Not sure it answers my questions or if it's meant to.

Maybe I'm thick.

Comment

Well here's hoping that 6 are dropped and that the only one left is the charge against a certain someone "personally"... ie not involving the club!

Would appear next Wednesday it is.

Daily countdown to me absolutely cr@ppin it then.

IN WARNOCK WE TRUST
                              (In others some never did)
                              I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Working...
                              X