This Leeds mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Leeds mess

Thankfully I have a season ticket - and no-one else that I'd want to 'share' the Loftus Road experience with me who weren't QPR- so I didn't partake in the Leeds ticket fiasco.

But I think there are going to be bigger problems than this: Leeds fans all over Loftus Road who couldn't get one of the paltry 1,500 tickets on offer to them.

While most people's reaction is "**** 'Em" let's appreciate this: Leeds have the biggest travelling support in the division bar none, and the sensible thing to do would have been to give them the whole of the School End. Why? Because if Leeds score, we could see a creation of the Portsmouth situation (ie fighting in parts of the ground) of a few years' ago, which none of us really want to see.

We should have given Leeds 3,000 - as we did for Palace and Forest. I think we may well come to regret this in more ways than one...

Top tier only for em. There would be more trouble at the end of the game if they had the lower tier aswell

Comment

Originally posted by alexferguson60 View Post
      Thankfully I have a season ticket - and no-one else that I'd want to 'share' the Loftus Road experience with me who weren't QPR- so I didn't partake in the Leeds ticket fiasco.

But I think there are going to be bigger problems than this: Leeds fans all over Loftus Road who couldn't get one of the paltry 1,500 tickets on offer to them.

While most people's reaction is "**** 'Em" let's appreciate this: Leeds have the biggest travelling support in the division bar none, and the sensible thing to do would have been to give them the whole of the School End. Why? Because if Leeds score, we could see a creation of the Portsmouth situation (ie fighting in parts of the ground) of a few years' ago, which none of us really want to see.

We should have given Leeds 3,000 - as we did for Palace and Forest. I think we may well come to regret this in more ways than one...
      Sorry mate totally disagree. This is our day, its our ground so its our rules. If they dont like it tough. If there are Leeds in our end im sure OB, Stewards and Home fans will suss them out a bit lively.

Comment

Why should we be bullied by other clubs just because we are small. 3k tickets equals 15-20% of our capacity I don't see Leeds offering up 8k tickets every week or Man Utd 10k etc to away fans.

I doubt very much if there will Leeds fans all over the place and if a few did jump up like last season they will probably meet the same outcome as those Newcastle fans in the SAR last season.

Comment

yeah

yeah if the leeds jump up and down in the qpr parts of the ground they will definately get what newcastle got last season the reason for that is that the thug army is disapated to be active in every part of the ground,so if leeds fans get tickets in our parts of the ground they should just watch peacefully and enjoy,otherwise they will get attacked,they must realise if we got into the home part of elland road we would just watch the game silently it is very rude to sing
          leeds songs in the home section of qpr and if both millwall and cardiff were to frightened to come into the home sections, then leeds should realise that loftus road is ok if you behave yourself
          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

I agree dont even think we should have give any of school end west paddock will be enough they would have blown their play off place by then Reading & Hull to catch leeds & forest for me
            this club seriously need to look at it's away allocation especially next season,lets fill the ground with our support not other teams

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
              I agree dont even think we should have give any of school end west paddock will be enough they would have blown their play off place by then Reading & Hull to catch leeds & forest for me
              this club seriously need to look at it's away allocation especially next season,lets fill the ground with our support not other teams
              Totally agree the club need to get their priorities right, no doubt those in the West Paddock would be up in arms but we seriously need to be looking to take back out ground next season.

Make the School End a home stand end of story.

Comment

Disagree. It's our day. The FA requirement is 10% for opposing teams. If anything we are being generous and giving them more than 1800. Think it's actually about 1850.

And to be honest with how they play they'll have nothing to play for.

Why bother travelling to London for a non event??
                First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Isn't that what I'm saying 10% is correct wouldn't the west paddock be big enough how many seats in there. We dont need lots of other fans when we can fill it with our own

Comment

X and W block together hold 1662 fans -- this was an option suggested by some as a new away area, but clearly not big enough. Unless you then give them V block as well, which holds 834, so the away allocation would then be around 2 and a half thousand.
                    West Paddock = 497. East Paddock = 445. Together = 942, so even both paddocks wouldn't be big enough, let alone one.
                    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

leeds have had enough big days whilst we were sh*t, give them the minimum amount required. This is R day,

Comment

Still think upper tier will put them nearer the pitch and give them a better view than they let us have up in that stupid cheese wedge.
                        And I think any appeal to the FL would be thrown out on safety grounds and police advice anyway.
                        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Imagine the shoe being on the other foot, going up to that hole on the last day of the season. Don't think the northern **** would welcome us with open arms we'd be stuck in the corner as usual with about 1500 seats watching them enjoy their day in the sun/smog, and making it as intimidating as possible. So lets turn the tables on them and let them know they're not the only team in the land and give them a nice west london welcome. we've been too quiet all season with the likes of palarse, leicester, millwall and pompey to name a few making more noise then us. So fook um its hopefully going to be OUR day, and if any of them are silly enough to celeberate in the home ends well more fool them.

Comment

Totally agree.

There are lots of "spare tickets" washing around from various sources, and if, as looks likey this game means something to leeds, their fans will pay up and get these tickets.

Last seasons end game against another well supported team in newcastle, saw numerous toon fans in our seats, and the fights started. This for a nothing game.

Many qpr fans were saying afterwards that even though toon fans were telling home fans to shut up in their own seats, we should of accepted this and said nothing?? I've also noticed that the ppl involved have not returned this season, presumably banned. What a season to have missed.

So this last day scenario could end up costing you your first chance to see qpr in the top flight for 17 years, if you take a dislike to your yorkshire neighbour.

Comment

Leeds have such a large support, it wouldn't matter if we gave em the whole School End, there would STILL be many looking for tickets in the Home ends.
                              Its right that they should only have the minimum tickets. Our ground, our day.

Comment

Working...
                              X