No announcement yet.

Rodney Marsh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

memory lane, but not for me as i wasnt even thought of then. For the olders, who was your favourite, stan or rodney and why?

Comment

not got a favourite Northolt, just lucky to have seen two superbly gifted players, in fact just lucky to be a QPR fan
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger097 View Post
        memory lane, but not for me as i wasnt even thought of then. For the olders, who was your favourite, stan or rodney and why?

For me prob Rodney was my favourite, he more than anyone helped to put QPR on the map, and was the most flambouyant some of his showboating was outrageous and had the crowd in fits of laughter.

Stan was prob more effective as he done what he done in the top division and was a character and great player for us.
        Last edited by Scarlet pimple; 28-03-2011, 05:53 PM.
        They seek him here.................

Comment

for

well many who saw both say stan was better,but thats mostly because stan had a much greater degree of athleticism,i would mark stan nine out of ten and say he was the second ever greatest rangers,but i would give marsh ten out of ten
          because oponents had to put four men on him .bowles did spend a great deal of time screaming in agony as he was hacked down by the hatchet men of the day,but gigantic rodney marsh who had thighs like danny shittu and had grown up in bermondsey was as hard as they come,he would get people to kick him in the box and theatrically throw him self down and get penalties,stan bowles was a brilliant footballer who didnt have a brain,marsh was a highly intellegant art student,he could bend a free kick like a brazillian,and he was accepted as the greatest entertainer who ever graced the football pitch...SO ITS MARSH FOR ME
          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet pimple View Post
            Anyone remember, the anouncer said any millwall fans runs on the pitch the game would be abandoned.

As they were losing 6-1............o dear lol.
            The way I remenber it, was that whenever we scored our fans ran onto the pitch. The ref. got fed up with this and had an announcement made over the tannoy that if there were any more pitch invasions, he would abandon the game. This prompted a mass invasion of Millwall fans, the Ref, realising his error let the game continue. I was in the Loft end and after we were 6-1 up some fans were shouting for our players not to score whenever we attacked, fearing that if any of our fans ran onto the pitch he really would abandon the game.

Comment

Originally posted by rangersroar View Post
              The way I remenber it, was that whenever we scored our fans ran onto the pitch. The ref. got fed up with this and had an announcement made over the tannoy that if there were any more pitch invasions, he would abandon the game. This prompted a mass invasion of Millwall fans, the Ref, realising his error let the game continue. I was in the Loft end and after we were 6-1 up some fans were shouting for our players not to score whenever we attacked, fearing that if any of our fans ran onto the pitch he really would abandon the game.

Your prob right there, my memory is fading a lot quicker than yours...
              They seek him here.................

Comment

Rodney hands down. He was the clown prince of football, loved by all the fans and media. Stan was prob the most naturally gifted player who's skill could dumbfound you.
                There was a quote by one of Rodney's team mates, he said "I would past to him (Rod) and run into the penalty area in position to receive the ball and it would never arrive. I turn round and see him juggling the ball like a bloody seal ! "

Comment

It was also Rodney Marsh that instigated the demise of QPR FC by sitting in the stands with a qpr scarf round his neck after speculation he was going to be the new director of football, really pissing Gerry Francis off below, who then went to Spurs and we had 15 years of oblivion.
                  Last edited by paulmason; 29-03-2011, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                    It was also Rodney Marsh that instigated the demise of QPR FC by sitting in the stands with a qpr scarf round his neck after speculation he was going to be the new director of football, really pissing Gerry Francis off below, who then went to Spurs and we had 15 years of oblivion.
                    Thats exactly what you said ...speculation..not Marsh's fault

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                      Thats exactly what you said ...speculation..not Marsh's fault
                      No it was QPR FC's fault but do not kid yourself, it was going to happen, Francis did leave to manage Spurs even got Clive Wilson to stitch us up, we imploded and then spent 15 years in the lower leagues. If Marsh was not there that fateful night, I dont think Francis would have left and we would have got stronger and I would have got many more top London club t-shirts.
                      Last edited by paulmason; 29-03-2011, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                        Yes that p issed Francis off mate, but be under no illusions, our 15 year demise happened for one reason and one reason only. The sale of Sir Les.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffro View Post
                          yes that p issed francis off mate, but be under no illusions, our 15 year demise happened for one reason and one reason only. The sale of sir les.
                          and the shi te we bought after.
                          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                            Yes that p issed Francis off mate, but be under no illusions, our 15 year demise happened for one reason and one reason only. The sale of Sir Les.
                            True to some extent, but I think it was more the way Wilkins spent the money and they way he changed the ethos of the team that sank the battleship. For example, I am sure they day that Francis went, so did the murderous training sessions on a Tuesday.

Comment

Sir les was always going to go and the last season under Wilkins we did ok, it was just the following full season with Wilkins and no Les that it went #### up.
                              We could have had dave bassett in charge with Les we would have been top half!!

Comment

Bet rodders had wished he kept his mouth shut about the toon army.
                                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Working...
                                X