Who bought Leeds tickets to tout?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qprted View Post
    qpr fans have always bought extras not to tout them but to get there mates to
    come along so i doubt if there will be much touting on the day
    Are you going to the match Tedular?

Comment

Originally posted by The White City General View Post
      Why let facts get in the way of a good rant?
      :leaking:
      It was the only way the club could guarantee that tickets didn't fall into Leeds hands. Putting them on general sale wouldnt of worked. Id rather debate tickets going to friends and family of ST holders and members, than the tickets going on general sale and end up sitting near Leeds fans In ellerslie.

And if they went on general there would still of been the issues in buying them for people that couldn't travel to the ground.. What's to say those who didn't get tickets would of got them?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaman View Post
        It was the only way the club could guarantee that tickets didn't fall into Leeds hands. Putting them on general sale wouldnt of worked. Id rather debate tickets going to friends and family of ST holders and members, than the tickets going on general sale and end up sitting near Leeds fans In ellerslie.

And if they went on general there would still of been the issues in buying them for people that couldn't travel to the ground.. What's to say those who didn't get tickets would of got them?
        Bottom line is it was down to fans to organise themselves better, countless opportunities were there. The point you raise about tickets falling into Leeds fans hands I have already raised to. Another oversight by many fans was that the club also increased the allocation to Home fans by reducing Leeds allocation as well.

I guess you can't please everyone, if it wasn't this it would have been something else, fans will always complain.

Comment

Agree with you WCG. Theres always a reason to have a whinge. There are other games to go to.

Comment

I got 4 extra tickets for some friends that wouldnt have been able to get them
            In 'Arry and Fernandes we trust

:yush:

Comment

a few years back,a mate of mines dad worked for Orient.mate use to play for them one time and we got tickets tour etc for our sons fb team.They were playing Forrest at home and the Os couldnt loose as would go down i think and Forrest needed to win to keep in P/Os.Anyway done the tour etc sitting down in ground with about 25 mins to ko when my mate rings me and says meet me outside.I say wont get back in but he says got you another tckt dont worry.So tell lads will be back soon and pop out.He proceeds to give 30 odd comp tickets and tells me to flog them to adults for £20 and kids for £10 but no Forrest lads.Anyway sold the lot including a bloke who swaped to singles for two next to eachother and gave me a tenner for doing it.Went to fb with about a ton that day and come home with £300 ish.Mrs went mad and then had half.So for one half hour i once was a tout.
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopaman View Post
                I bet some people with a say 3 or 4 ST's have got 6 and 8 extra tickets, which will fetch £100 minimum each on the day and will contribute towards next years ST. On the basis those tickets wil not be near theirs, on the day, the only important fact is the money and not what team they support and I hope that any person who sells a ticket to someone who causes problems is banned for life
                Last edited by paulmason; 27-03-2011, 04:19 PM.

Comment

It's a no win situation. Allowing ST holders to buy 2 more tickets is only slightly safer than putting the tickets on general sale, potentially allowing Leeds fans to buy them off ST holders looking for 50% towards next seasons ST.....

However, if the club offered it to members first it sends out a message that it's as, if not more, beneficial to be a member than ST holder. Next season we may end up with ST holders "dropping" to simply membership.

It's a shame the larger percentage of the 40,000 QPR fans that want tickets so badly for this game can't be bothered at other times....

Comment

Nearer the time expect....

all sorts of horseh1t reasons why tickets have 'suddenly' become available to the highest bidder...

I know we're all skint but I have to be honest I am very uncomfortable with R's ST holders profiting from fellow fans.. pretty low behaviour in my book but there you go that's what happens when money's tight I suppose....

Comment

Originally posted by highgradeR View Post
                      I know a st holder who's bought 2 extra tickets, 1 to sell on and the other for extra legroom!

Also, i wonder how many tickets club employees,players,etc get?
                      50 for this game for all of them players staff phsios the lot
                      Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Moon Safari selling to a Leeds fan is totally irresponsible, i just hope hes not sitting near me.

Comment

Originally posted by ahR View Post
                          all sorts of horseh1t reasons why tickets have 'suddenly' become available to the highest bidder...

I know we're all skint but I have to be honest I am very uncomfortable with R's ST holders profiting from fellow fans.. pretty low behaviour in my book but there you go that's what happens when money's tight I suppose....
                          This point i agree with.I have just helped get 2 x Hull tickets for a QPR fan on dot org who for some reason was not a ST or a member.I have got them on my membership and sold them to him for the same price as i paid for...and i don't know him.

Joining a messageboard in 2004, the official one, fans, i have never met before, helped me get tickets for that season and other items from the games.My reason for not even being a member as i was still playing/managing local side on Saturdays and Sundays and therefore playing the game i loved rather than watching.They encouraged me to get back to watching QPR, even though it meant travelling from Folkestone to London on my own for each game(don't worry i was scared ) What i did like and what really got me going back to QPR games again, was the family spirit amongst fans i had never met before.

This board as well like to project its"we are family status- we are QPR....but when it comes to helping fellow R's...we will make money out of you if we can get an extra ticket.Dissapointed but not really surprised.

I do however think that ST holders should get some perks other the likes of me..just a member..But a lot of members are members that do not travel to QPR.

I noticed that one guy managed to get a ticket on Friday being a member, but had no idea that the ticket had been swiped to his card and that all he had to do one day was bring his membership card and that would allow him entrance.

Very hard to police this sort of thing, it would be nice for members , such as myself, who have been to almost half the home games this season, to get a ticket ahead of a guy who hasn't been at all.I also think it nice to reward a season ticket holder, in letting them get tickets for family/friends for such an occassion....I just don;t like to see fellow QPR messageboard fans rip of others.....but then...i don't always live in the real world

Comment

members get 1 extra ticket as do season ticket holders the rest left over on general sale! thats fair to me!
                            LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Working...
                            X